Maverick Medal

Finally there is a medal for drone hacks, great!, but the design... I don't know.

First point the world lines looks good on bronze and gold categories, but on silver, platinium and onyx will be better a gray scale.

Second point, what exactly is the object on drak color?, is it a butterfly? cause looks like it, is something flying like a plane... in that case maybe will be better don't put the blank line between the wings neither the white dot in the plane head. 

Third point, maybe the icon can have the old drone design.

Here are some ideas:

Comments

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

The current medal reminds me of a Texas Longhorn, with its horns going in an odd direction.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol Green Goblin's hover board is the best!

Is it just me or does platinum look like plain silver?

• holdthebeerholdthebeer ✭✭✭

I love the design, it's cartoonish and different, but nice and clean. The only thing... this drone flies around the globe, why? It should move between two portals and grind 10K hacks. In other words, this medal would look better with "hack unique portals" milestones. (The long distance is interesting too, but lots of places do not provide good opportunity).

• I honestly thought the platinum was silver at first glance. It's missing the ornamentation and color accents that make platinum and onyx stand out.

• yngemaryngemar ✭✭✭

I’m perplexed/frustrated by the choice to have the drone in the badge look vastly closer to one faction’s drone than the other’s. Granted, there are some minor differences in appearance between the badge and a Resistance drone, but the overall shape is quite similar, and it definitively doesn’t look at all like an Enlightened drone.

I’m not one to go down a rabbit-hole of claiming that Niantic has a bias toward one faction over another*, nor am I someone who will refuse to earn a badge or do a mission set that is “too green,” or “too blue” for my own faction alignment. But given that there are agents out there who do care deeply about these things, these kinds of design choices really feel like unforced errors from Niantic.

*In the game as a whole, I don’t think there is meaningful faction bias on Niantic’s part, but choices like this, the original app icon and default faction choice being blue, and leaving the “Resistance gain all victory Osiris” glyph sequence in the game two whole years after the event? That’s how those kinds of perceptions get started. It wouldn’t be that hard to avoid perpetuating or providing more “evidence” for this viewpoint.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in anomaly days, there were bonuses when RES gained an anomaly series while there was nothing or even penalizations when ENL was the winner. Is not a perception.

Also, let it be stated that Ingress may be the only game where "Resistance" is "majority".

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Which kinda comes back to the OP - why is the neutral drone design so similar to the RES drone compared to the ENL one? I do not look at the renders and see 3 completely different drones. I see 2 with side wings and some relatively minor shape differences, and one that seems totally out there different. While the differences are more pronounced in the renders, at the scale of the scanner, and more so in the badge, those differences are indiscernable at a glance and require attentive study.

It would perhaps have been better to have a single shape for both factions, and no need for a neutral version, but differently coloured in the Dronenet view.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Comparing the art design of badges that span about 8 years (bio pages didn't appear until September 2013) will show various people have been involved. I think it's expected that consistency will not show.

• The medal always looks like a horse saddle to me. I can’t unsee it. 🤣🤣🤣

• The drone medal always looked like a Klingon bird of prey to me . 😬