Update: What can we share about Niantic Chat?

Hello again agents!

First and foremost, thank you for all of the amazing feedback and being so active in our feedback channels. We are grateful to have such an open dialogue with this group, so please keep the feedback coming! 

One of the most popular topics has been about disclosing information regarding Niantic Chat during the Closed Beta, so we wanted to take a moment to update and clarify our policy. From now on, you may share screenshots of Niantic Chat with two rules. Breaking either of these rules will result in removal from the Closed Beta and may be subject to further action depending on severity:

1. Please do not share screenshots from private groups that you have joined. If you would like to share something from a private group, you must get express permission from all parties involved in the screenshot.
  2. Please do not share screenshots of any players that have shared their location, regardless of whether they shared in a public or private group.

We are thrilled that this group is excited enough about Niantic Chat to want to share more information with their friends, so we are updating our policy to enable you to do so more freely. 

Best,

The Niantic Chat Team

Post edited by NianticThia on

Comments

• Thank you for update.

I'm not sure how much I should explain about them when I share screenshots, so I need some advice.

1. Is it okay to mention what NianticChat can do in its current state?

2. Shouldn't we just say "this is what NianticChat looks like now" and not go into details?

NianticChat has a lot of people interested and expecting it.

I'm sure a lot of questions will arise once screenshots are shared.

Thanks for your help and best regards.

• not even my own location?!? or it’s safe to share my own location screen?!?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticZenas please elaborate on "share screenshots".

Does this mean that we can freely share Niantic Chat screenshots in our chat groups, Discord, Telegram etc?

What about details of Niantic Chat?

It is in such terrible shape, that we are sure that there will be significant changes in subsequent updates.