Streak lost despite hacking

Recently, I had a 147 day Sojourner streak in Ingress Prime, but when I checked today after hacking the portal, I was shocked and disheartened to find that my streak had been reset to 0. While originally I thought it was my fault, my Epoch weekly streak had not been reset, still reading 7, which meant I had in fact hacked the portal. The portal I hacked was the same portal because I did not go to any other portals due to me rarely playing the game. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. I do have an image supporting this, but I can’t post it due to not being on the forum long enough.

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

What was your last time for hacking yesterday and your first time for hacking today?

For Sojourner your hack must be within 24 hours of the LAST HACK. Not anytime in the 24 hour day like Epoch. So if you last hacked at 11:20 yesterday but waited until 12:34 today, sorry but you’re too late.

• There have been multiple occasions where I have hacked this portal without it being within 24 hours of the last hack, to the point where I had started at 11pm but ended up hacking the portal at 1am because I almost forgot. However yes, the portal hacked should have been within 24 hours. However if not, thank you for the information. I don’t play the game enough anymore to really be mad or sad about it.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The mantra is to hack morning and evening as a routine.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes many just hack once every 24hour and think its enough, only for epoch but not for sojourner .

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to have a successful hack. Hacks that return no items don't count.

• As others have pointed out, there are different requirements for Epoch and Sojourner.

Epoch: hack in person on consecutive days, local time.

Sojourner: less than 24 hours between hacks. Can be in person or by drone.

All hacks only count if it's successful. The best way to be sure is to make sure you received something from the hack. If you're speed locked or if your inventory is full, the hack does not count.

If you're only hacking the same portal once per day every day, it is almost assured that you will lose your streak after some time. Niantic has said that there is some leeway for the 24 hours, but we don't know what that amount is.

• edited August 2021

Deleted, duplicate. Forum software gave me an error but posted anyway.

• edited August 2021

Triplicate. Sigh. Or as the Bellman said in The Hunting of the Snark, "What I tell you three times is true".

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Epoch is counted by calendar days.

Sojourner is counted by your personal time of day.

It's easy to break one and not the other.

• Yeah, last action before you go to bed, and first action when you wakes up.

P.S. I had my Sojourner counter reset twice around 140+ and 170+ before. I feel you, but life goes on. I still have 178 days to go.