2.60.2 - Portal quick hack hitbox remains after viewing it by key OR via drone

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Steps to reproduce for portal key (same as on the video):

1. From map view, go to inventory, to keys, tap any portal key, tap picture to go to the remote view, tap portal to go to the portal view. Remember the position of portal on the screen.
  2. Use (x) button to return to map view. Be careful to not tap more than needed.
  3. Tap and hold the empty space of the previously remembered position of portal on the screen.
  4. The quick hack menu of the viewed portal will appear. It shouldn't appear since there's an empty space on the map, and the actual portal a few kilometers from the agent, past visibility range.

Steps to reproduce for Dronenet:

1. From map view, go to menu, then Dronenet to go to the drone view. At this point your drone should be flying on a portal somewhere. Tap on portal your drone is currently on to go to portal screen.
  2. Rest of steps is same as 2-4 above.

Prime 2.53 - 2.60, Android 10, Samsung S10e.

Tagged:
15 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• hiryuhiryu ✭✭✭

This also happens if you tap on a portal, e.g.:

1. Tap on a portal you're near.
    2. Hack the portal; the portal screen closes.
    3. Immediately long-press on another portal.

In this case, it typically tries (and fails) to hack a portal that is quite some distance away, not the one I long-pressed on.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Still reproduced easily on 2.66.2.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

This still happens (2.77.1) , when will this be acknowledged? @NianticCasey ?

• edited August 2021

Sorry about the delay, @1valdis Agents! I'll share this with the team to look into this. I Will circle back as and when I get an update/more info. Thanks for your patience.