Updates to the Forums - 8 July 2021

13»

Comments

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭
    Gnutella

Dark mode still isn't dark enough for my taste, dark reader helps it to make it darker. But I'm on board with those wanting it as an option, I don't get why people like burning their eyes but it's better to give options to users.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Did we seriously enable dark mode for the forums with no way to turn it off? You've gotta be kidding me.

• arealrarewailarealrarewail ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Not Listed

How do I turn off dark mode? Or is it not actually dark mode but a dark forum skin?

I find this skin incredibly hard to read - the white boxes are jarring, the link text doesn't not have enough contrast, and on mobile it looks especially crowded and difficult to read. I would also check to see if this is WCAG compliant because I don't think it is.

Please add a way to turn this off. It's turning me off using the forums.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butter and Jelly

@NianticThia:

It's been a few standard business days now since you flipped the "dark mode" switch. Any updates on (1) providing a switch back to "light mode" and (2) fixing issues with the "dark mode" itself? Y'all don't actually get kudos for finally figuring out how to post events more than a few days in advance when I find it to be a right royal pain to read anything here.

• InerasIneras ✭✭✭
    Peanut Butter

Please give forum users the ability to toggle light mode.

I think it's safe to say that the feedback in this thread calls for improvements. I've been experiencing headaches and as a result visit the forums less than before.

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭
    Not Listed

What do i put on my toast? Butter and chocolate powder... you should try it @NianticThia !!!

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

Any updates on light mode?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butter

@LuciferMorningStar could you please bring back some light here?

• holdthebeerholdthebeer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Not Listed

Had to use greasemonkey to get back the light, can't read the dark mode, and those blocks with zero padding :(

Here's the script, looked up the css name on wayfarer forum vanilla forum github.

// ==UserScript==
    // @name     Fix ingress community css
    // @version  1
    // @grant    none
    // @match    https://community.ingress.com/*
    // ==/UserScript==

var allCss, thisCss;
    allCss = document.evaluate(
        "/html/head/link[@rel='stylesheet' and contains(@href, 'custom_dusk')]",
        document,
        null,
        XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,
        null);

for (var i = 0; i < allCss.snapshotLength; i++) {
        thisCss = allCss.snapshotItem(i);
        thisCss.setAttribute('href', thisCss.getAttribute('href').replace('custom_dusk', 'custom_default'));
    }

Post edited by holdthebeer on
  • holdthebeerholdthebeer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Not Listed

Apparently there are other styles: custom_cerulean, custom_classic, custom_coral, custom_dark (yes more dark), but only _default and _coral don't have padding problems.

• STILL no way to toggle dark / light mode? I can read one or two threads and then I have a major headache and nausea. I seldom read the forums now.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Not Listed

@NianticThia do you plan to give us back the normal forum option ?

this dark thing isn't good at all

• Poor TOAST :(

Love ❤ dark mode

• KOWLOONsGTKOWLOONsGT ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Not Listed

Bread with mayonnaise and baked is the best ❣️

do you know?

The text in the dark mode screenshot with a black background does not work with the image translation of the Google Translate app.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe we can see the forum updates finished before the end of 2021

• timecop1818timecop1818 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Not Listed

nah they'll waste development time on a crappy social network that nobody will use

where is normal light mode this black stuff is disgusting to look at

also holy, this stuff has been on for months and quote boxes are still white, lmao this gotta be literally a 30 seconds css job to fix but nah let's clone discord

Ya, sometimes people need concrete not a Mensa oriented app. Hugs ❤

I love ingress prime for being so open and mensa 😛

Would love to see dark mode completed. These blaring white text boxes and quote areas need to be addressed…

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

typical Ingress move, half finish something, move on to the next thing and then wonder why people are frustrated, hmmmmmmm.......

Okay, it’s been a year, plz finish dark mode once and for all…

Any chance the forums gets some more attention? Hand over the keys and let someone else do it if not….

• Not Listed

People may hate me for this, but... Margarine.

• Vegemite

Can't hand over the keys if there's not someone to hand over to.