Ingress 2.77.1 Release Notes
• We updated AP earned from destroying a Portal Mod from +75AP to +80AP to differentiate it from other actions, like destroying a Resonator.
Main Menu > Events button now links to upcoming events at https://ingress.com/events
• Fixed: The
Main Menu > Nominations button would occasionally disappear. Stage fright, presumably.
• Fixed: Custom avatars would reset to the default avatar upon restarting Ingress.
• Fixed: Starting the New Agent Tutorial with no nearby Portals caused a softlock.
• Fixed: The C.O.R.E. renewal time was off by up to 1 hour.
• Fixed: Sign in with Facebook wasn’t working on Intel Map.
Coming Soon (2.78.1)
• Fixed: Agent Header overlaps Drone Footage and Remote Portal View.
• Fixed: Black vertical line overlaps COMM updates.
• Fixed: When recharging individual Resonators, using a Power Cube appears to (but doesn’t) deselect the Resonator.
No fix to the COMM offset bug, I presume?
@NianticBrian any news what the massive amount of real estate on the main menu?
@aenariel we're having trouble reproducing the offset COMM on 2.77.1 but to my knowledge we didn't do anything that would have directly changed this. If you know of a way to reliably reproduce the offset COMM or cause it to happen, that would be very helpful.
@Grogyan we're currently in closed beta testing with Vanguards and XM Ambassadors, and will have more info to share soon.
Still need a fix for editing the location of a portal.
After dragging the map to set the pin on the new location, the map will auto return the pin to the current location.
Been doing this for months now.
That's not a bug. Location edits are limited to 10 meters at the moment, after a number of PoGo players abused the edit system to create clusters of inaccurately-located POI.
This is working as intended, portal edits currently only allow a move of 10 mts in the scanner.
If the scanner isn't providing feedback as to why it's resetting the location, then that's a bug. The scanner owes the Agent an explanation of why it's refusing the edit in that manner. Ideally, it would provide a direct link to the form where one can submit a location edit greater than 10 meters, or some equivalent (*cough* build the form into the scanner *cough*).
Not everyone keeps up with Wayfarer. I mean, is it even mentioned by name in the scanner? 🤷♂️
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
14. Me: *starts recharging a portal* ADA: Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged... Me: *stops recharging the portal* ADA: ...Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged...
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
You can thank greedy pogo people for that. Along with the failure of Niantic to realize that the poi db should of been separated long ago for different games.
It's frustrating to attempt to even begin to try to fix portals that are in the incorrect location as the majority of the time they aren't within 10 meters of correct location.
At least it sounds like they quashed some bugs, so there is a plus.
Don't forget that remote key viewing or even recharging remote portals rarely shows the links or fields around it. Intel shows correctly and if you go there it's correct. Just remote view kinda sucks...
Still no support for RTL languages. What the heck, it can't be that hard to implement.
It seems to happen random, but when it happens usually u need to hold the slider and just swipe between distances and hoping it will kick back to normal, and there is always random how much u need do that but when this happens or portals are attacked and u have a blank comm and attack range is so annoying and ground breaking bug i hope u can invest time and fix this bug its very game breaking when it happens which is sadly more or less daily.
And another patch without any actual fixes.
past two patches we have to incorporate “fixes” that were done server side, because the patch notes are so sad.
for me, I’m done. Promises promises, 6+ months of paying for core and nothing to show for it. Thanks niantic. Have fun destroying what little is left of Ingress.
Been trying to reproduce it now and struggling, lol. Though, I feel like this happens more often when I'm out of the app, get a notification and then jump back to the app. I will pay attention and try to remember what I'm doing when it happens again.
If you're talking about the UI offset, like blank log, or messages shifted left taking only 50% of the screen, I found a way to consistently reproduce it on 2.76 (btw, while trying to reproduce different bug - shrinking label width).
It might be related to the phone aspect ratio (mine is 19.5:9), or to the specific portals layout in my area. I'll re-test when 2.77 comes to store.
That triggered it for me.
11 Pro Max, iOS 14.6, 2.76.1
That would be #4. Yes, sometimes nothing is shown. Gotta tap on the portal to view it, then it will show links end everything when you go to charge option again.
Come on - still no language selection for agents on android phones in 2021.
I want to share and let compare my screenshots easier. And no - I don't want to change my whole phone into English.
@NianticBrian Hi. 2.77.1 After start scaner right away😢😢🤷 wi-fi. Android 11. Miui 12.5.1. Snap 865. 🤷🤷🤷
We talk about it above. What’s worked for me, is to go back to the map, rotate the screen 90 degrees and go back to alerts, shows fine
Yeah, still the same for me, 2.77.1, android 11.
And riiight, can rotate the map back as a workaround:)
Not exactly the same. It's "#4 .. portal not shown" vs "links and fields not shown".
I actually logged a bug for links/fields in remote view(s) few months ago. It looked like small links were loaded correctly, while bigger links and fields were loaded asynchronously when the remote view was already rendered. So, the big links/fields were fully displayed only when the same remote portal (or another portal in that remote area) was opened the second time.
I can confirm this. I can constantly trigger the offset while moving the compass and pointing it to 90° and 30° degrees. I'm currently on latest version 1.77.1-9cbf94fc. I even managed to record some of my screen reproducing this.
My phone Xiaomi POCO X3 PRO, ANDROID 11.
@NianticBrian please, take a look a this.
There was also another bug report posted (a few months after yours):
100 percent same behavior here. iPhone 12. @NianticBrian here are your reproducible instructions 😊
Try actually testing the game with a real mobile phone. It happens all the time for every single person i know that play ingress. I guess you'll see all the other bugs too.. Defending portals is so broken due to COMM/Alerts still not working properly (over a year now?)