[2.76.1] Profile information not hidden in drone/remote view

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The profile information (XM, AP, agent name etc.) is normally hidden when entering the drone or remote view. With 2.76.1, this is not the case anymore, leading to overlapping elements. A restart and reinstall did not help.

Oneplus 8 Pro

Android 11

Tagged:
15 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Confirmed also on Xiaomi Mi 9T, Android 11, Ingress 2.76.1

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirm on Samsung S10e, Android 11, Ingress 2.76.1-2b111a72.

• Thanks for the flag, Agents! I'm sharing this with the team to look into it. I'll circle back when we have an update or more info on this.

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭

I hadn't updated when this was first reported, but now I have. It makes it hard to see portals towards the edge of standard drone range.

• When recharging i get screens overlaying.

On Samsung s10e.

It happens on wifi and 4g.

Happens every time, so reproducible.

Tried reinstalling, reboot etc

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Duplicate of:

According to an XMA, this bug was known before the latest update released, so Niantic should be aware of it.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

prime 2.76.1, android 11, RedMagic 6

overlapping text borders on unreadable. text should be up front, with a contrasting outline so it stands out from any image it is laid on top of. (e.g. white text should be up front and bright, with a sharp black outline, etc...)

Duplicate of:

According to an XMA, this bug was known before the latest update released, so Niantic should be aware of it.

i don't think it should be hidden. i think that if it is there, it should be readable.

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭

The profile info, until last update, was only visible on the main scanner screen (where you see your own location and portals around your location). Every other screen has information of its own in that area, and the profile carrying across into e.g. the drone footage view obscures other information that is unique to that view. The profile info should be hidden/removed from the drone view, as it was before, so that the information we require on the drone footage is properly visible again. (And if it is a known bug, that hopefully means that Niantic agree)

The additional text information is helpful. If it is there, it should be readable.

"It's not the way it used to be" is not a valid complaint; if you accept that as a valid complaint, then all bug fixes could be blocked because "it's not the way it used to be".

What information do you think it is obscuring? Is there any way to display both sets of information?

If the complaint is "i can no longer see distant portals", that's not a great complaint. (a) you can still zoom out and pan around to see them, and (b) it is a known issue (even before the text was added) that many distant portals which SHOULD be shown simply do not appear at all.

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

1."The additional text information is helpful"

The unwanted display extra in drone view is mostly not text - the only text is your agent name and level, and most people can keep track of that well enough not to need it on every screen. Mostly it is graphics and shading. It obscures the useful text info that has been part of the drone view since launch.

2. "It's not the way it used to be" is neither what I said nor the basis of my complaint - it was an attempt to clarify the issue which you do not seem to understand if you think there is new and potentially helpful text that has appeared.

3. It is obscuring the portal name. It is obscuring the portals the drone can jump to. The XM bar could have a use as it is not possible to hack with the drone if XM is too lower - but this is also true of regular hacks, and the XM bar is not currently on the local portal view - and I would not want the extra clutter on this screen either.

4. "I can no longer see distant portals" seems like a pretty good complaint to me. And also is not what I actually said.

4a. Zoom and pan make no difference - distant portals remain in the top area of the screen which is permanently darkened due to a graphic that does not have any useful function on that screen - it is an integral part of the main part of the scanner, and belongs there.

4b. Portals that should appear but don't is comparatively trivial as there IS a workaround. Leave and re-enter drone view. TBH, I am not even sure when this last happened to me, except perhaps when I was on a poor quality network connection.

Although since release notes for the upcoming version (2.77.1) state that the overlap will be fixed in the version after (2.78.1), I am more interested in seeing what Niantic consider the right outcome rather than discussing the current issue further.

This has been fixed in version 2.79.1. This bug report can be closed as "fixed" :D

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Wish I could get 2.79.1 - Play store is still showing 2.77.1 as the current version for me.

I know, patience is a virtue.