C.O.R.E. subscribers and the Onyx Key Locker [Closes 2^H9 August]

Comments

• Th3MazeRunnerTh3MazeRunner ✭✭
    edited July 2021

Hey, a question my friend bought his sixth key locker but by mistake he bought a blue one instead of the onix, he filled out the form but wants to know if after finishing the event on August 2, you will delete the keylocker that he bought and It will be possible for him to buy the Onix Keylocker again, and he has the Core subscription. Thanks for your reply. I think that several players have the same question.

• HaramDingoHaramDingo ✭✭✭

In response to buying the incorrect sixth key locker colour by mistake, and buying the onyx one afterwards, ofer2 has advised:

A bit of the reason for why is that it isnt enough to just delete the item out of your inventory, but we essentially have to tell the store that you're now allowed to buy another one which isnt something we have tooling to do. 

So I have confidence in being able to purchased the onyx key locker after my second white keylocker is removed. While I would like to see some queue to see how soon/far my request will be attended to (I would presume that it's done chronologically), I would hope that the keylocker would be removed with ample time before the end of the event on Monday, August 2nd 4PM UTC.

Considering that this form will also close on Monday, 2 August at 1600 UTC, I just hope that the option of purchasing the keylocker will be extended beyond the event date. So that people who have requested the deletion of the keylocker only for the deletion to occur after the event finishes with the sixth key locker no longer appearing in the shop won't be left in the dark. If that makes any sense.

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Has anyone actually had this happened yet? I submitted the form last week and the locker is still in my inventory. All the keys are out I need to put them back. I'm running out of room

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't a fast/easy thing so deleting will not be immediate and will be done one at a time. If you request this, please have patience with me while I work on it!

It will take time. This seems to be a manual process and only so many can be done in a day. Have patience.

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭

I get that. Been reading all the comments. Just getting conserned I won't be able to complete the swap before the event ends

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, something like how the gyms are tracked in PoGo. I know, another reference to the game everyone loves to hate. I don't think I'd want to have a flipbook of every single portal I've visited, but would be cool to bookmark some favs. I think it should be worth noting that I don't know how I would feel about keeping remote view available on those. Half of me would like it, half of me thinks it might be "too much powuh."

• Agree. I'm starting to worry a little bit too, as it's been almost six days since I filled in the form. Since it was posted at midnight european time I guess a lot of people might be ahead of me in the queue, and even though I get that it's manual and slow it would sure be nice to know how far the work has progressed.

Oh, well. I'll try to be patient. 😀

It's awesome to have this opportunity, and hopefully we'll have an extended chance to buy the missing locker if the deletions don't get completed in time.

• FelsputzerFelsputzer ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I submitted the form last weekend but they haven't deleted my old locker yet. Am I just impatient, or is something wrong? Shall I try again?

Post edited by Felsputzer on
  • Thank you for your dedication in keeping us informed. ☺️

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Person who wrote the form should learn the difference between "i.e." and "e.g." (and that they are usually written in lower case with dots). :-P

• Today the last chance to buy an onyx capsule? Still haven't had the capsule removed, is that the same for everyone?

• Same for me...

• Would like the onyx locker, but can’t open the form. 😢

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I know it ends tomorrow at 4pm UTC, so today is not the last chance to buy it. However, the Google form closes at the same moment as the offer does, so I'm not sure how that's going to work - whether they'll leave it in store for a couple of days after that, maybe. I think it would be understandable if Niantic staff didn't work on a Sunday, but that doesn't leave much time on Monday to get it done (since 4pm UTC is fairly early in the working day for California). It would be nice to have this clarified. :-)

• vctrsigmavctrsigma ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Filled out the form a week ago, it still hasn't been removed.

I suppose it is too much to think they have thought this through that if they don't delete the locker until right before the end of the event that doesn't leave much time. if any, to actually buy the replacement. I presume the option to buy a 6th goes away at that time even if they do remove one.

Some clarification on this would be very much appreciated.

• My request was processed yesterday, hopefully it'll happen soon for everyone. 🤞

• Mine Just has bin removed,.. and bought the Onyx one

• Mine was just removed as well, with less than 24 hours to spare. 😀

• ThunperXThunperX ✭✭
    edited August 2021

The race is on... ! ☺️

• CharlyHCD467CharlyHCD467 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Hi, I know this is a manual and long process, I just wonder if there is a way to verify that my form has well been received (submitted 3.5 days ago) because key locker is still in my inventory.

If it's not removed at time, this will not be a big problem - I'll keep the 2 red caps - but I don't want the key locker to be deleted at the last moment and not have time to purchase the black one !

• SnwappleSnwapple ✭✭✭

@NianticThia

Thank you, my old keylocker was removed successfully and then now I got the new onyx key locker!

• If I've calculated correctly, 16 UTC today is 9 am on a Monday morning on the US west coast. I start doubting that all requests for removal will be handled in a time that still allows to buy the Onyx locker. I'm ok if I would stay with two red lockers. Having the locker deleted without sufficient time to buy the Onyx locker would really be a worst case scenario (I've also got a real life besides playing Ingress :) )

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticThia I've decided to not have any key lockers deleted.

Too risky with keys

An Onyx Keylocker would have been nice, but this process is just too risky.

Cheers

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any detriment to just leaving it in the store after the event ends.

• Update: My Locker has now been deleted just a few minutes ago. There was an issue with the locker ID that could be resolved in a quick chat with @NianticThia . Thanks for the great support!

• M42M42 ✭✭✭

Hey, thanks @NianticThia I got my Onyx Key Locker today, Looks great.