[Repost] [2.70.1] Text box with description/clue for the next mission portal can't be expanded

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm reposting this as a bug because it was wrongly merged as a duplicate. My bug is not that the layer button is in the way, but that the box containing the text doesn't stay open IF you manage to get past the layer buttons hitbox. The video below may show me hitting the layer button a bunch of times, but I want to show what happens when I actually hit the arrow behind it, which is shown.

Original bug report which was merged into the wrong one:

When playing a mission, if the next portal has a description, clue (for hidden waypoints) or the creator entered a custom description, you can't expand the box if there are more then 3 lines of text. Aside from the layer buttons hitbox being massive, which is another bug report someone already submitted, once you actually hit the little arrow, the box expands for a few frames and automatically closes again. This is detrimental for missions with hidden waypoints, as the text serves as the clue for the next portal. If the important is in the 4th+ line, the agent can't complete the mission.

Reproduce:

• Create a new mission with a portal that contains a description, custom description or create a mission with hidden waypoints and provide a clue.
  • Get the mission approved
  • Spam the area around the layer button in hope of hitting the arrow

Expectation: Box stays expanded

What actually happens: Box does not stay expanded and closes almost instantly

OnePlus 8 Pro
Android 11
4G connection
Tagged:
7 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Woah I was about to create a banner with hidden waypoints and now see that missions are a mess currently...

• The textbox now has moved, but still can't get expandet on Apple.

Same on Android plus new bug:

the mission overview / Waypoint list is now missing.

Any information about the issue avail?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Just want to bump this as this is still happening. I wanna make a banner with hidden Waypoints only, it would be nice if agents could read long hints ;)

• edited August 2021

Sorry for the delay, @InvestigateXM! I appreciate you for taking the time to share this. I'll be sure to share it with the team to look into it. Thanks!

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Bumping as this is still happening sadly. I went ahead and created the missions anyway, but at the moment, the only one who can complete them is me as I already know where the portals are. Other agents can't expand the hint box, meaning they don't know what the next portal in the mission is.

Video from yesterday:

• October 2021 Second Sunday, had to abort this hidden waypoint mission because we couldn't see the whole clue, because the dropdown arrow did nothing:

• +1 on Android, V 2.91-0a5f2c3f

Exactly as mentioned above, the drop down button doesn't work.

• i had to abort two missions today because “hidden waypoint” clues text box cannot be expanded on my iPhone SE. any status on fixing this problem?

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many of the up coming mission days are going to be uncompletable cause of this....

• Aineko13Aineko13 ✭✭
    edited July 2023

July 2023 this bug still exists. Clue box doesn't expand so longer clues are not fully visible.

Just discovered it when testing my mission.

This bug makes such missions unplayable.

Finding out that it is a bug known and not fixed for over 2 years now makes me think the devs of this game really don't care anymore.

Am I wrong?