Flags ("spam"/"abuse") should NOT retract points from a profile.

That just serves to increase their misuse as a downvote button. Quite frankly, they shouldn't appear on a profile or post at all.

Comments

• This whole forum system seems just bad and inefficient to me. it works way too slow and the whole idea to hide basic functions like quoting and linking behind some lvl system is unnecessary. I cannot even quote someone who posted a link. My whole reason to be here is to appeal things here like providing proof for invalid portals and I cannot do that in a normal way because I cannot link pictures. And why is it so slow? Is the site actively mining bitcoins through my browser??

• @Cybertherion How come? IRL threats are so unecessary....

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭

@Cybertherion

Threats for a game? What sad and ridiculous people.

• OneLastWishOneLastWish ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

But... Users cannot see who is flagging their posts, can they? This will lead to abuse 100%, unless Niantic moderates flag abusers. You would only need to show the codename of those who are flagging random posts: if I really think that a post should be flagged, I wouldn't mind the authour to know that.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

No. They can't, but they can deduce it quickly.

You can only see who puts like and even this doesn't seem very constructive because it leads to an infinite exchange of likes just to increase the score.