Reporting a spoofer

How does one report a blatant spoofer?

Tagged:

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Go here: https://ingress.com/support then click the icon at the bottom right. Report inappropriate gameplay.

I can't say I've had good luck with that route-- a couple of weeks I reported an obvious spoofer leveling an account in my city. I was pretty sure it was a spoofer based on the account playing in two closed parks the day before. This time were two blocks away from me and heading my way so I just parked my car and waited. They passed right by me and captured/linked all the portals but nobody was there. They couldn't have hit those portals without being on the main road, and it was 1 a.m. so essentially nobody was out. They turned a corner and I went to the portal that the account was linking and fielding from. Nobody was there. When I smashed the portal the account quit playing but showed up in a city 800 miles away a day or two later.

Two nights ago the account spoofed up a BAF over a largeish city after upgrading and presumably farming keys to a BGAN-only portal. They got reported again and this time the account got banned.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

As @Hosette said, report on the support site, or in-app under "Settings" - "Report a problem"

Best to keep your report brief and on point.

• Copy the IGN from comms to ensure you have the right spelling (autocorrect can mess with you without you noticing)
    • Grab the portal intel link (or coordinates) for your report, and also include the timestamp when the action happened. Specifically, include the date, the time AND the timezone (like UTC+2 or whatever your offset is)
    • Supply a short description of why that account is believed to be spoofing. Do not write paragraphs, it's really not needed

You do not need to include comm logs, maps, screenshots, video or anything like this.