What did you learn about your neighbourhood when you went around submitting portal candidates?

I asked this on reddit some time back, but I'm interested in hearing from more people.

For me, I discovered there were lots of parks with high quality POIs but no Portals. In particular, there were more education signs than I was expecting at the parks too. Learned different things while submitting.

I also learned that just because one park has plenty of portals while other nearby parks don't doesn't mean those parks don't have good POIs. It likely meant no one submitted them.

Comments

• SubCmdrTauSubCmdrTau ✭✭✭

Trail markers, Info Placards and sometimes great artwork hidden away in parks.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

Submitting portals near XM holes helps with XM availability. Sounds dumb, but when you're recharging a lot and run out of cubes,... ground XM is precious.

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

I found a prayer garden. Unfortunately it kept getting rejected before I gave up.

• @JorgeLoco Yeah, I noticed that. Found a mural at the local shopping centre I never knew was there, submitted it, and the XM concentration increased even more.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

@CriminalBizzy try, try, try, try, try again.

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

I might try again some day.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

why not today? :D

• ^ We only have at most 13 submissions. Got to pick your battles with limited precious resources.

• sanshinesanshine ✭✭✭

So. Many. Churches.

I had no idea :)

• I learnt a lot about the history in the area (last pit closed around 50 years ago). Also a lot about the very early Rail industry.

• caytcayt ✭✭✭

I noticed a lot of disparity between the poor and better of sections of my town. The poor sections tend to have less parks. The parks they do have tend to have less in them and are smaller. There is much less beutification and educational items in the parks in the poorer areas and the infastructure is poorer.