Auto remove lots of playgrounds!

jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Lots of faild playgrounds now in Sweden dont follow criteria. No meating place,park, camping site and bathing.

Lots of playgrounds now on apartment location and 100% No meetingplace and dont follow criteria.

Please take a look and use auto remove. I know Niantic use it for roundabout portals. @NianticAkshay

Post edited by jontebula on

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Niantic must answare here about critera for playgrounds. @NianticAkshay

• AporApor ✭✭

You are both correct in that a portal being on private grounds when there are multi apartment houses are ok according to nia guidelines. That is all fine and well. The question boils down to the specific wording of the description of playgrounds in the opr guide and the critera for acceptance.

The guidelines state that the following for playgrounds "ACCEPT if the candidate is in a park or community gathering place; falls under the criteria of public spaces that encourage walk and exercise."

So the question is, do these private small residential playgrounds fall under the critera "public spaces that encourage walk and excercise ?" when they are not public?

And the second question is, how large must something be to be called a playground ?

There is no consensus in the local OPR community about this, so therefore a clarrifaction is warranted.

• AporApor ✭✭

I cant post any images or links here, as of now. but you can probably figure this one out.

h t t p s : / / ibb.co / b5zYkgc

• A previous AMA stated that playgrounds attached to restaurants and pubs are valid portals, so I don't see why playgrounds in gated communities shouldn't be.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

So long as a playground is not located on private residential property, a school, or child care center, it is perfectly valid. Therefore playgrounds at an apartment building or complex, gated community, and even at restaurants are valid. (The latter was confirmed in a previous AMA)

Now your photo gets to what is considered a playground. Technically, any area set aside for children to excursive through play is a playground. Play apparatuses are not required, but good luck getting a field through OPR without some form of play apparatuses. But while a single play apparatuses does technically constitute a playground, most reviewers are going to want more or a structure with multiple apparatuses attached.

• JeroenixJeroenix ✭✭✭

If those playground portals are accessible only to the residents of that particular appartment community, I wouldn't bother reporting them, because I think those are valid portals. The same rule applies to portals on closed company grounds, and I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be the same for any other communal area.

I've seen the photo, and it's difficult to call them 'playgrounds' - I usually reject single playthings like that, that are passed as 'playgrounds' but the truth is: the world's full of those portals.