The Forgotten Optima Kinetic Challenge

DreSt89DreSt89 ✭✭✭

so, are we going to get stuck with the bronze medal? niantic did you forget about the event? It is weird that you enable new recipes, make events with the capsule, but that stat is forgotten (because it was removed from the agent profile), is it that You want us to forget the event?

-------------------------------------------------

Entonces, ¿nos vamos a quedar estancados con la medalla de bronce? niantic ¿te olvidaste del evento? Es extraño que habiliten nuevas recetas, realicen eventos con la cápsula, pero que esa estadística se quede en el olvido (porque se eliminó del perfil del agente), ¿es que quieren que olvidemos el evento?

@NianticBrian @NianticThia @NianticPooja

Embassadors? Anyone?

Tagged:

Comments

• Maybe when ..... the pandemic ends?

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

They never said when we'd get a continuation of the event.

• DreSt89DreSt89 ✭✭✭

Ok, but for example in Ecuador (my country of residence) the health minister says that it will take 4 and a half years to vaccinate the entire population, will the event resume at that time? Or does it depend on which country or continent? I remind you that due to complaints from Europeans, the "EOS PROTOCOL" event was canceled, will there be the same consideration with everyone?

• DreSt89DreSt89 ✭✭✭

Yes, but there have been events that were related to the kinetic capsule, they even awarded those events with new recipes, why didn't they link it to the optima medal?

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

On this, I'm more than willing to be patient. The first half of this event was done to accommodate parts of the world with less restrictions that were asking Niantic for more events. It was made clear that the event would continue when the rest of the world is ready. I trust that it'll happen when that happens, or that we'll sufficiently nudge Niantic when the time comes.

• It may be sooner if countries are taking too long. That's a call only Niantic can make.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

my guess is they will resume this next year perhaps, its too early now i guess before we see how the mutations will spread or make things worse or not...

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Bit soon in my opinion.... but your complaints have been answered...

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about the tiers as they are. If there was guidance on the number originally then it would be ok but the calculation used for distance is off.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming that agents get their KC emptied before the start of the event:

-Gold tier is 100km in 10 days. That is very hard for a real person to achieve.

-KC have a km counter issue where several hundred metters get lost upon check when the capsule is ready to be claimed (about 300 on average). Unlikely other Niantic games, Ingress does not have an increased distance record to compensate distance calculation errors -which is the explanation why people got walked distances 3 times larger in the first year than in 6 years of Ingress. This would mean that Gold tier is actually about 130 km instead of 100 km.

-Speedlimit is way lower in Ingress, to the point that even trying to get distance by biking gets a 90% reduction.

What I mean is that gold tier is way too high for a realistic gameplay to reach it even for those who already got the bronze tier and either the time window should be extended or the goal should be reduced. For example, a more realistic tier value would be 4/12/40.

There is also a need to get an explanation about if unlocked capsules during the first time window are going to be counted aswell towards the badge or not since that is also part of the requirement for agents to allocate the time to try and get the full tier badge.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

There is also a need to get an explanation about if unlocked capsules during the first time window are going to be counted aswell towards the badge or not since that is also part of the requirement for agents to allocate the time to try and get the full tier badge.

It says in the first bullet point that progress from Optima part 1 will count towards the medal.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Would help then if the stat was visible, at least in the badge. I don't remember how many caps did I open on the first run. Also, I don't recall Niantic notifying about the progress being saved on the first run.

I insist that tiers should be lowered or time window extended.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Would help then if the stat was visible, at least in the badge. I don't remember how many caps did I open on the first run.

Yes, I agree with this one, currently the only way to see is if you use an external service to track your stats over time.

Also, I don't recall Niantic notifying about the progress being saved on the first run.

It was mentioned by Brian in the comments: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/134251/#Comment_134251

"...the Programs completed during this event will carry over to Round II."

But I agree they could have communicated it a little better when it was first announced.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

i wish they would have added platinium / black tiers for those who like to move. like 75 /150 KC completed

• Will there be a Round III?