duplicate recursion bug

MorteBrancaMorteBranca ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Report a Bug

This week I requested my first recursion and it was done twice.

Could they change the status on my profile?

Tagged:
3 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Thanks for reaching out, @MorteBranca! Please submit a request via In-app support. We'll take it from there.

• Hello @MorteBranca! The same exact thing happened to me on Friday, July 2, 2021. My profile is now showing 2 Recursions, instead of the one I actually earned on 7/2/21. :( Was your profile able to be fixed? I did reach out to Niantic for assistance... I hope they are able to help. :(

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Reaching out to Niantic You Say ??? 🤔🤔🤔 @MorteBranca

Expecting Help From In App Support Maybe 😂😜😆 @Cassiopeia77

I wish you luck with that...in the meantime however I'm going to try a Spell Cast with @NianticThia as I'm sure this is something she could tweak if people are nice to her.

ABRACADABRA !!! *looks for Thia to appear* 😁😁😁

• Hi @PhantomR1982, thank you for the luck, but it did not work. I was told today that my profile cannot be fixed. 🥺 I'm stuck with it showing 2 Recursions (and only 42 million AP) instead of the one recursion I actually earned. 🥺😣😬

edited July 2021

I'm sure there will be a way to fix it @Cassiopeia42 it just may take time to get the right attention and/or a fix in place just don't rely on what those useless in app support responses come back as.😞😞😞

At Least You Can Still Play Unlike Me.😅😅😅

• Cassiopeia77Cassiopeia77 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

@PhantomR1982 Thank you! 🙂 And I hope your app issue is resolved soon too! You are getting the black screen of doom after opening up the Ingress app? I get that several times a week... it always seems to happen when cell phone service is spotty. When it first happened I tried everything... I closed and opened the app 1,000 times, restarted my phone, cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing worked! I then searched for a solution online, and out of the 100's of "fixes" suggested by others, this is the only one that worked...

Whenever I get the black screen, I close out of the app. I turn the wifi option on my phone off by disabling it (even if I'm currently not using wifi at the moment) and I also turn off Bluetooth (if enabled). I then restart the app, and it suddenly works.

But sometimes the wifi option on my phone was already disabled (turned off) when I get the black screen. So I close the app and then I have to wait until I get home to enable my phone wifi, connect to the wifi, restart the app and suddenly the app works. Or, if you are out with someone, close the app, have them turn their Hotspot on and connect to that. Then open the app.

I hope that made sense. 😅 It seems that the phone needs to have wifi and Bluetooth fully disabled after getting the black screen, or if wifi and Bluetooth were already disabled, you need to turn on wifi and connect to a different internet source (wifi at home, a friend's Hotspot). Well, at least with my phone. I do hope you find a solution soon! I know how frustrating it can be. 🥺

edited July 2021

Ohhh you make perfect sense to me @Cassiopeia77 I have even just now tried your method as you described and I just get a "Network Error,Retry" the only thing I havent tried is the "HotSpot" Option and then opening the app...I was actually on Mobile Data When my issue first happened and generally a restart and getting back to a stronger signal area helped but on this occasion by the river it was a no go...I'll always blame the umbra update that caused this for me back in December 2019.

• @PhantomR1982 December 2019... that's way too long! 😟 Try a Hotspot signal from another cellphone when you get the chance. I really hope it gets fixed soon. 😔 I completely understand the frustration of having spotty/poor cellphone service that messes up the app.

The app needs to be fixed to where poor cellphone service doesn't completely break the game, like how it does now. 😭 I had good wifi signal when I recursed and it glitched, so at least I know that issue wasn't due to lack of cellphone signal. 🤭

• I fully agree with you there !!! @Cassiopeia77

I ended up just retiring from the game,as the lack of support just ground me down to the point I gave up but I kept trying loads of solutions.

Nowadays I pop in here from time to time to see nothing really has changed much.