Mission bug

thehelsthehels ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Report a Bug

Hello everybody.

I found an interesting bug today. The missions 13 and 14 of my last banner are doubled.

And also it's bonus +2 to a medal.

Please note that mission are duplicated in my profile only. They were completed for a single time, and there are no similar missions with the same name and image in their vicinity.

Nia, please, delete duplicated missions from my profile.

Post edited by thehels on
Tagged:
10 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Hiya @thehels

Firstly can you add to the ticket the full name of the mission that you have said has "doubled up" as I'm looking at your screenshot Forwards & Backwards and can't see a duplicate 13 or 14 medal so you would have to point this out to be honest.

Secondly all missions are created by other agents as you may already know so if there's a glitch with a specific part then personally I'd ask the mission creator agent to check on there side via COMMS as well as this can also be quicker if they are still active or try tagging them in the forum if they are registered.

Certain medals can be removed from an agents profile but there has to be a valid reason for this.

If you can supply a GPS co-ordinate of one of the first portals in the banner part you have said caused this then it will help the team also.

Please note I'm just an ex-agent helping others and not part of NIA specifically because I'd drive them mad pointing things out all the time for them to fix.

Oh wait...I do that already :D

• Thanks for reaching out, @thehels! This could just be a visual glitch. Could you please reinstall the app and check if that helps? Do let me know how it goes.

• It's not a visual glitch. Reinstall ap didn't work. This glitch can see all agents.

• HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

When the missions with double badges were done?

And with what App version?

I did 4 mission banners (total 72 missions) week ago with version 2.74.1 and I do not have any double badge issues.

I have already installed version 2.75.1 but have not done any missions with that.

If this is a new bug with 2.75.1, it may be a good idea to uninstall 2.75.1 and install 2.74.1 before next Second Sunday event.

• UPD.

This is my mistake, this missions are doubled in intel :(

Nia, please, delete doubled mission medal in my profile.

• HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Yes, Intel shows indeed there are extra missions with the same name, badge and number: 13-18 and 14-18.

Note that the duration and thumps-up % of the missions are different:

Do not know why creator has done a mission banner like this, maybe he/she noticed that original missions 13 and 14 were too difficult to reach or inaccessible and he/she made better mission and routes later but forget to delete the original missions 13 and 14.

Mission 13 Thumps-ups: 60 % and 100 %

Mission 14 Thumps-ups: 0 % and 72.72 %

Post edited by HopeaKotka on
  • @thehels Please submit a request via In-app support along with the details of the mission. We'll take it from there. Thanks!

• In app support can't remove doubled medals from my profile :(

• Hiya @thehels

Thanks for the heads up on boxing the mission badges for me as I wasn't sure & I appreciate it.

I just needed to check it wasn't a mission creator issue or an app issue with you and on this occasion it is down to the mission creator,I'm limited to what I can see and read but it looks like the two missions have different portals on so it could be a renaming issue and icon change.

Firstly as I mentioned above hit up @mskrus on COMMS as they are the mission creator which I've also done to see if they can remove/edit the offending missions from there side as they have control over this I don't know if they are still an active agent however so we'll have to wait and see.

If the badge remains after this then you can put a request in to see if the offending mission badge can be removed from your profile by the team (I see the message from support above).

It might be that they were named incorrectly by accident when the agent was creating them then uploaded without editing.

I'm just guessing at this point however.

• The mission maker responded with this.

"mskrus:- hello, yes, I will edit it the other day"

So I guess it's a waiting game now for them to update the missions to get them Re-Approved.

• Keep an eye on the missions locally and see if you notice any change.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Requesting the mission creator delete the mission is a bad idea, because @thehels will be stuck with the mission icons forever and no way to move them.

If the mission creator edits the mission to use different icons, the held can try redoing the missions to see if that displays the new icons. Even if it doesn't, redoing the missions will move them to the top of thehel's mission list, so the banner looks correct.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@XK150 we'll have to cross that step as and when we know more...if you read the above post you can see there is two duplicate missions named the same but the portals are different inside when you explore the missions.

I do see your point however and while it's a possibility getting the mission titles corrected by the mission creator is still a step forward that wasn't there before.

Baby steps !!!