Stepping out with Second Sunday

Comments

• MoxarcMoxarc ✭✭

I spossibile to see NIA mission also from Desktop intel site? It Would be very useful.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The mission lines of 6 misison medals. This event should not work with previously done missions, because the agent will just redo the closest/easiest mission avaiable every month...

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Sounds like it. For July any 6 missions count. For Aug and Sep, the 6 have to be one of the official Mission Day missions created by the NIA accounts listed in the post, whether or not they're old or new or if you've completed them previously.

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭

Sounds like they're working on putting something together. https://twitter.com/brianrose/status/1411092097789153280?s=20

Maybe they meant to with the announcement, but it wasn't done in time. 🤷‍♂️

• spiesrspiesr ✭✭
    edited July 2021

That's a viable day trip, come back when it's at least a couple hundred miles.

• I know where the portals is!!! Surrounded the whole location!!!

And yes, I'm ready to see it first!!

• I doubt that if i am able to finish 2 official missions by Nia ( 6 of each it will be 12 badges of them) . The question is will i get 2 counts in August event?

• What about places with low portal density and travel restrictions?

There are places with low mission count because of portal density and if those places have travel restrictions, completing 6 missions will be difficult.

• At least in Europe the dispensation did not go away. As a long term co-TL of Anomaly disability groups, I spoke with Anne at Amsterdam Anomaly 2019 about it. She told it is fine for disabled players, plus their carers, to do a minimum of 1 MD Mission. This dispensation continued up to and including Lille Misson Day in end of February 2020.

The biggest issue with Mission Days for disabled players was doing the Anomaly or Hexathlon and then trying to do 6 Missions the following day as well (especially as many European events have been centred at historic old towns with cobbled streets, many staircases and restricted car access, with few people arriving by car anyway).

So hopefully disabled players will manage six Missions when they are not exhausted from the previous day, which was the main issue.

I was only seeking clarification, since the dispensation was in place in Europe up to and including the last MD before Covid lockdown. @NianticBrian

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't you considered that people will just redo the easiest/closest every month just to improve the badge?

I suggest to change this and only awards if new missions are done in the time window.

• What about the places that had mission days and the missions were deleted later? Will the missions be put back only for August?

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

So, by "unique missions" I understand that also applies to missions that were done before, but not completing the same missions more than one time at the same event. I'm right?

Also, the "NIA" filter from the game doesn't seems to be working. Is not able to find the only set of MD missions we have on my city (by MDNIA2).

• This is cool. Thank you for adding mini and new events to Ingress. It helps to demonstrate to players that Niantic is still invested in the game.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy with the current format for now, though I admit, that is because I have multiple options within reasonable distance. I hope something can be done for those who live in MD Mission deserts.