It is impossible to complete the training.

Comments

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Thanks so much! This is the same comm issue that was mentioned above. It's fixed in the next patch so that should solve it permanently for you.

• That looks very similar to my error logs and while I didn't want to paste mine on here as they just feel like it's giving away import core elements I'm hoping this is fixed in 2.75.0

We shall see !!!

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity and if you can share, how did a (from what my 5 minutes of watching hacker movies) null response for updating COMM result in a black screen at startup?

edited July 2021

Indeed, but I do have another question from that. Sadly, the computer can't find the ladle, no matter how many times it retries the recipe. However, why can it sometimes suddenly find it when agents enter passcodes on intel, and why can't the ladle be found even if the entire kitchen is recreated and restocked (aka reinstalled)?

EDIT: And what the heck is a ladle anyway? 🙈

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@InvestigateXM & @ofer2 you really wouldn't believe me if I actually told you both that is is exactly how I explain how a computer works to people in real life when the normal lingo goes over there heads.

It's been really great to see someone else explain it like this for a change.

Bob Really is a Naughty Person with no common sense unless he's told what to do.

And even I know what a "Ladle" is and i actually don't do much cooking.

I actually had tears in my eyes just reading this explanation. 😂😂😂

• Same issue here. I talked a friend into starting an account. Tutorial loads, & partially completed but before you are able to choose a faction or dry your name, you get the Black map screen with flickering message at bottom "Sync in progress - Tutorial Loaded". Entire UI is missing. You can NOT progress nor exit tutorial.

Opening the "Stuck" account on different devices resulted in the exact same behavior. Similarly, established account on the phone in question, worked fine. The phone had Android 7. So we updated it to Android 8, still no luck....

Thinking something was just off with that account or phone, he got yet ANOTHER device, & made a new Gmail, & we started over. So, new phone, new Gmail, new imgress account....

And it did EXACTLY the same thing, exactly the same way.

• @RezizThiz Could I get the agent name of your friend? Or what the scanner says it is now (if they haven't been able to choose their own yet)? If not; let me know and.

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, could you get a 4 finger log (as I described above)? Something strange is happening and that might give us some insight into it. Thanks!

• Currently no agent name or faction has been chosen....

We logged into Intel & it shows "Agent-4777431" as the name.

• RezizThizRezizThiz ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I did the log thing.... But it returned something odd & very short.

[FMOD] Please add an FMOD Studio Listener component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

I'll try that again but that's all i got from that round.

Edit - Updated exact message including the odd "your a camera" part. That isn't my type o. :)

• From what's being said this [FMOD] issue isn't related to the BSONBF (Black Screen Of Never Being Fixed) and it's more related to the sounds side of things but it always throws me when it states "A Camera" as why does a camera have to do with sounds.

I'd still like to see it being patched/fixed so it's not present in the logs but it pops up way to often for my liking and it may have always been there yet you cann see my point here.

More room for other issues and failing components.

The app needs to know where the camera is to correctly play sounds in relation to you, e.g. only on your left ear when something happens on the left side of your screen. If the camera doesn't know where it is, it is played out of both ears, as is the case right now.

edited July 2021

I have my sounds off so as not to attract anyone from the other side that I'm a Ingress Agent if there's anyone nearby,so the sounds wouldn't really be noticed unless I receive other notifications eg..text messages...I came out of a friend's house late one night when a strange figure walked straight past me in shorts in the dark then all of a sudden all i heard in my pocket was several loud explosions as the enemies strong hold over my area was just blown up in one foul swoop,the figure just kept walking and disapeered,I found out who the player was a few days later on comm with a confirmation but it was exciting to experience that as I remember saying out loud "**** Was That ??" Before looking at my screen it was so quiet at that time of the night and the game audio was the loudest....luckily the figure didn't hear me or turn around but I looked for them on the route they took but they had disapeered...CARGresser maybe.

• I apologize in advance, but my "4 fingers" only give out this line:

[FMOD] Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

I tried several times and copied the data to several types of notepad.

The problem is not solved at the moment.

But leaving the game in this state, we noticed that when moving, (at a distance from us) a map is drawn. That is, the outline of the road is visible.

It seems that at some point during the registration of the agent (before choosing a faction and a name), the program crashes. The script ends, skipping part of the training and goes to the "regular position" (that is, continues to play) but without displaying the interface and the game field.

• There is something definitely going hinky here with your neighbours account.

I'm sure @ofer2 will pop by later on with some words of wisdom.

• Do you think we were banned for trying to register a new agent? )))

Although what is there to be surprised about, this is NIA ))))

• I highly doubt that the player account in question has been banned @larelbren otherwise you wouldn't be able to sign in on the Intel Map to show us the Agent Number for your Neighbours account...as if it was banned then you may get some kind of "Account Not Found" or "Account Banned" style of message not that I've experienced these as of yet,However I've seen screenshots,there is supposed to be a new version announced soon (maybe tonight) which then will take around 7 days to hit App Stores so wait and see if this update resolves anything otherwise it's back to the drawing board for the Devs.

I will agree with you on this statement though "Although what is there to be surprised about, this is NIA ))))" 😁😆😜

• You & I are dealing with the same issue, no doubt about it. We even get the same log. Same screen, everything is identical. So it's not just you, or us, something is definitely broken.

If you read my other messages, you'll see we tried various things like switching devices, even tried to make an entirely new account with new Gmail, & got the exact same result. So we have 2x devices, 2x Gmail's, & 2x game accounts stuck in this broken state of the tutorial. One running Android 7, the other Android 8. Just FYI

ALSO logging into a known working device doesn't help, it's still stuck server side. Similarly, logging into an established account on the "Stuck" device works fine.

I await the Gurus.... ;)

• @ofer2

On the Android 7 & 8 devices, the log only gave the short message about the camera A for 3d sound just as it did for @larelbren

So just for the sake of documentation, I took MY phone which I've been playing for 2x months on, & runs the latest Android 10. I created a new Gmail & game account just to see what happened. Sure enough, same exact thing. However the log file was much more complete. Here it is:(Android 10 log)

[FMOD] Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

portal image error < PORTAL_INFO_NO_IMAGES > for poi id < bde54156de6e47a892094ae9a45b32ef.12 >

portal image error < PORTAL_INFO_NO_IMAGES > for poi id < bde54156de6e47a892094ae9a45b32ef.12 >

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

Parent of RectTransform is being set with parent property. Consider using the SetParent method instead, with the worldPositionStays argument set to false. This will retain local orientation and scale rather than world orientation and scale, which can prevent common UI scaling issues.

Plugin Error - RPC-188 ActionError

Plugin Error - RPC-227 NoRetriesError

SettingService received no response

(End Log)

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, what are the devices? I think this sounds similar to something that we have a fix for in (2.75), but it may not be exactly this. I've tried advancing you to choosing an agent name + faction, but if that isnt working for you, then it seems like it might be the issue we fixed. If it isnt that, there isnt much else I can do right now. I have another idea for something that I'll try and get in for 2.76, but I'm sorry there isnt anything else I can do right now :(

edited July 2021

@ofer2 2.75.1 hasnt even been released yet and your already talking about 2.76 😂😆😁

I tagged you into my other post with my huge 2.74.1 log so have fun with that too seeing as you like event logs so much.

Post edited by PhantomR1982 on
  • RezizThizRezizThiz ✭✭
    edited July 2021

@ofer2

I don't think it's a connectivity issue in any fashion. For the sake of testing & comparison, I noted results on 4g LTE, & WiFi. No difference. I logged into his "stuck" account on my own phone with same result. Mine works fine, his doesn't on same device, same connection. I then tried to make a new account from scratch on my working phone. Same result.

At this point, we have tried 3x different phones including my working phone i play on (as the control). It's worth noting, all 3x of these devices runs an established account just fine.

They are:

Nexus 6P (Android 8)

OnePlus 3 (Android 9)

OnePlus 6T (Android 10)_Control.Device

Each phone has a different Android version. 8, 9 & 10(control). They all work fine with an existing account, & all 3x have been used to attempt to make a new account. Each one has become "Stuck" in the tutorial in the same fashion, with same results prior to choosing a name or faction. Only the Android 10 device gives a complete log though. The rest give only the first line about the 3d sound like @Larelbren had. But they are definitely experiencing the same issue. No question.

• @NianticThia

I saw where you helped another person with this same "Stuck in Tutorial" problem when they accidently started the tutorial. They described this same issue once launching the tutorial in another thread.

You said you did a "Poke" & then they reported being able to recover 6 hours later. Do you mind getting your Ingress stick out & taking a jab at this one? :). It would be most appreciated. We're at a loss at this point. 3 separate devices with 3x versions of Android, 2x different connections, 3x game amounts, all result in the same identical result.

Agent-4777431 is what shows up on the Intel as he's not able to choose a faction & name yet in the scanner tutorial. Perhaps you could advance the account to another state/stage?

Thanks.

• RezizThizRezizThiz ✭✭
    edited July 2021

HELLO....??? @ofer2 @NianticAndres @NianticAkshay @NianticThia @NianticBrian anyone?

Anyone going to address my issue here? A week now, & no one has even looked at the account.

It can't be just me when we've used 3x devices with 3x new Gmails & 3x different connections.

• @RezizThiz it might not help much but if your friend is willing to let me try to login to this account on a couple of devices (you'll need to send me the details on TG) That I have here I wonder if it will generate a different log file.

While a Swift Kick from My Favourite Karate Kicking Genie @NianticThia to the server would be more ideal I'm just thinking of alternatives to your issue.

I'm not sure where the team has disappeared to actually either to be honest.