[2.70.1] Kinetic Capsule needs to be reopened to start a new program after an old one has finished

With the 2.70.1 update, the Kinetic Capsule interface doesn't close anymore after claiming an item so you can choose to run the next program immediately. However, you still need to back out and open the interface again, as the scanner throws a "Scanner communication error" when trying to start a new program after claiming an item.

Oneplus 8 Pro
Android 11
15 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• I've gotten this once out of four capsules so far. Otherwise, the capsules have gone through just fine.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotten it 2/2 times. I'll see if it happens again.

• Have you tried running a different program from what just completed? I tend to alternate between VRMH and VRHS so that may be the difference.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve had this issue as well. Latest update, iOS 14.5.1, iPhone 12.

Had it just now, scanner communication error when attempting to start another program immediately after claiming the previous one.

I’ve had this happen about three times now; so I checked to see if I was the only one and stumbled onto this report.

Backing out of the view and going back fixes the error…

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so I have finished another three capsules, and this issue happened on all occasions. Selecting a different program doesn’t seem to help.

• can confirm the issue on IP7+ 14.5.1

must reopen to start capsule

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I do believe this was fixed, but issue has returned. Three capsules since event, three times this same error.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Been experiencing this the last two updates or so.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@NianticThia seems to be the Kinetic Cap Reset Expert (KCRE 😆) at the moment however from what I've just read it looks like it could be an caching issue where the data only refreshes/clears WHEN you back out of the screen and then back in to start a new program...but if you don't do this step the cache is still full.

@ofer2 do you think a 4 finger log at the point the current program finishes screen and another one as the new program is started and the communication error appears would help at this point...I would say a 3rd log after backing out and going back in to start the new program but all 3 of these logs may get messy.

This is just an observation and reading between the lines mind you.

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 4 finger log definitely would help with most issues with the UI.