It is impossible to complete the training.

It is not possible to complete the training and create a new agent. A black screen, a compass arrow and an inscription at the bottom "synchronization is underway-training is loaded"

Tagged:
6 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• @Iarelbren if you restart the Ingress app, are you able to tap the Main Menu button and then choose End Tutorial? (You should be able to restart the New Agent Tutorial later via the Settings menu.)

If not, can you give me a little more info to investigate further?

1. Are you reporting this on behalf of another player, or are you trying to re-do the New Agent Tutorial yourself?
    2. What operating system and version number are you on?
    3. What phone do you use?
  • My neighbor decided to join our team and asked for help with creating an agent.

It uses:

• Google account (was not an agent before)
    • Android 7.1.1
    • Sony Experia X Performance

The whole path looks like this: Launch the app -> Create an account -> Google.

Training starts, a couple of loading screens, the" rotation of the earth " coordinates are found. And that's it, then a black screen.

It does not allow you to choose the faction and the name of the agent. Once in this black screen, there is no way to get to the menu or anywhere else. The only way out is to close the application.

If you restart the game, reset the data and clear the cache in the settings also does not give results.

Subsequent launches lead directly to this screen.

By checking the Intel Map, you can get access, but there will be the agent name Agent-123456

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

There currently is a bug that the tutorial can take up to 30 seconds to start. Have you tried leaving the app open for a bit?

• We left it open for 30 minutes. It doesn't help. I would send a screenshot, but the forum does not give me.

@ofer2 this might be one of those bugs in which an agents gets locked into the tutorial. Anything you can do server-side?

• This sounds like how my app goes currently while the OP mentioned they initially got the location globe zooming in on there location that I don't get anymore it ends up going like this,where the back button doesn't respond and you have to close the app to get out of it.

See this video here as well...let's call it the Black Screen Of Never Being Fixed (BSONBF)

https://youtube.com/shorts/i1ddtui0n0k

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Now this is interesting @larelbren the difference you have is you have the avatar ship on screen with that corrupted looking text underneath.

Have you tried accessing the Intel map at https://intel.ingress.com and signing in with your ingress game account email address then switching to full mode in the bottom right rather than mobile (basically desktop mode) and then attempting to redeem a passcode of something with the game closed.

Then after doing this log out of Intel and try re-opening the Ingress Prime App to see if the map reloads...while this method didn't work for me it might work for you. (Some agents have said it worked for them,yet I'm not sure what actually happens here)

You may have received a passcode on an email from NIA or there's a few floating around.

Try this first...but i wished my game had the avatar on screen at least.

You can also create a log file by holding 3 or 4 fingers on that screen for 5 seconds then have something to paste the info into such as a text based application and it will look like gibberish but may reveal what's going on if you scroll through the info.

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

A player log (as PhantomR1982 mentioned with the 4 fingers tap) will definitely be useful here. Also, is this player on WiFi or Cell? If they try logging in on your phone does that make a difference? Does changing to the other make a difference? Lastly, I would try and look at helping server side, but I dont have a way of identifying this player.

• @ofer2 looking at the screenshot above I'd have to say WIFI only and no LTE/Network installed.

I'm guessing if the training is stuck then they can't see there Agent Name and can't access it without the HUD.

@larelbren can your neighbour access the settings menu on there device ??

They mentioned they can see the username on intel, the placeholder "Agent-XXXXX"

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey I got that one today on 2.74.1. 2 canned responses from the Helpless Desk thus far.

@ofer2 I checked and saw there was still an open thread https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/14348/black-screen-issues about the issues where in April it said it was still being worked on

Just started today, though I was able to hack some earlier this morning and didn't have any issues. Had free time before work, but black screen of ****. I waited a while just in case is was a larger issue before I started to check and troubleshoot with other agents.

Samsun S9

Android 10

Ingress 2.74.1

Here's my hopefully helpful log from my black screen I'm seeing. Maybe it ties into the issues above?

[FMOD] Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

Plugin Error - RPC-4 ParsingError

4 - 06/30/2021 18:49:10> ParsingError

Received Empty Response from GetGameScore SideChannel

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Niantic.Ingress.Foundation.Actions.CommActions.UpdateComm (System.Int64 radiusM, Niantic.Ingress.Comm.StreamId streamId, Niantic.Ingress.Core.Proto.Gameplay.OHCEIMAKKML data) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at System.Action`2[T1,T2].Invoke (T1 arg1, T2 arg2) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Ingress.Core.Rpc.SideChannel+<>c__DisplayClass12_1`3[TMethod,InProtoT,OutProtoT].<MakeSideChannel>b__1 (System.Int32 rpcId, Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.RpcStatus rpcStatus, OutProtoT response) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.ActionRequestHandler`1[T].Invoke (System.Int32 rpcId, Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.RpcStatus rpcStatus, T message) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.ActionRequestHandler`1[T].Invoke (System.Int32 rpcId, Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.RpcStatus rpcStatus, T message) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.ParsedRpcFuture+<Set>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at System.Action.Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Tasks.AsyncTaskQueueImpl.ProcessOnMain (System.Double timeBudgetMs) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Plugin.DittoPlugin.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

This issue has been fixed and will be in the 2.75 patch.

They mentioned being able to login to Intel. AFAIK, the Agent-XXXX isnt actually a placeholder, but rather a temporary name which gets changed (dont quote me on that, I'd have to double check though). Another way would be to somehow let me know what the email is.

Post edited by ofer2 on

Thanks for the quick response. But question, if it's fixed in the next release, when will that be released? Because if I can't currently login... I can't play til it's released.

Is there a way to get that version early? I would gladly sign a NDA to promise not to spread the Apk around.

Ie I just want to be able to play. Holiday weekend, big global player run event starts tomorrow, ect. 😁

edited June 2021

Yes I saw that @InvestigateXM but the Agent number was something like "Agent-123456" not a settled name ready for changing to a different one...if @larelbren can try to get the Actual Agent Name for his neighbour using the intel.ingress.com webportal using "full" mode or "desktop" mode and add that to the post then maybe @ofer2 can try there magic server side and find the training account.

According to ofer above, the Agent-123456 is an actual username, and if I understand correctly, should be able to be found.

• Now you sound like me @EvilSuperHeros I'm all about the NDA's hehehe I said that to in app support but like you mentioned they just throw horrible canned responses back at us.

I guess unless you can sweeten the deal and get on @NianticBrian 's Good Side you'll have to wait along with everyone else.

If it is fixed I should be coming out of retirement soon after.

@InvestigateXM I had actually missed a couple of posts while I went away from the post checking something else so I'll hold my hands up to that.

While Ofer did say "don't quote me on that not being a placeholder but an actual name waiting to be changed" I doubt that would be the users actual user id but it has been known.

Try sending a comms message to the user id and see if you get a reply,that's always fun.

• 3G/4G or WiFi there is no difference. it doesn't work.

We can't access the game menu. There is an intro and the player's registration is interrupted. Throwing us on a black screen with an arrow.

Here is a screenshot from the intel map PC

I entered the passcode and it was accepted, but it did not affect the game itself in any way.

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've updated some of the data on the server side. Can you try again and let me know?

So, the bug had to do with COMM loading. Have you tried sending messages on COMM? Maybe redeeming a passcode? Other than that, the next patch is supposed to start releasing on Friday unless something goes wrong. If you get into the beta, you can use that. I dont know what else I can do, the new version isnt out and I cant speed that up any faster. Sorry :(

I've tried a passcode and sent comms messages. Still no luck.

If I got added to the beta channel it would resolve the problem. 😉

edited June 2021

@ofer2 I fixed it unless someone did something on the backend since I last posted.

I was able to sign in on my iPad (on Wi-Fi)

Did a drone hack. Successfully.

Signed out on the iPad.

Disabled mobile data

Enabled Wi-Fi

Tried to sign in on my android phone while on Wi-Fi. Verified working.

Closed out of the app.

Disabled Wi-Fi

Enabled mobile data

Tried to sign in on my phone (android)

Now working.

So it's an Android problem then? Seems odd that it's a comms issue but I don't know how your code works or what calls what.

I know that @RedDorkingHood has this problem that also started this morning... Cowinky d ink? Or something server side that affects some users differently based on certain steps?

• edited July 2021

@ofer2 I am experiencing the same issue. I was able to login and play this morning. An hour or so later attempted to play again and just keep getting the black screen after the splash intro. Occasionally it will pop up the location error message but it then just goes to the black screen and I am not able to see or do anything in game.

I was able to send comm message via intel on a browser just fine. I have restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled Ingress, tried on wifi, tried off wifi, turned location on and off, forced airplane mode etc.

When I attempted to login in another device the same thing happened, I just get the black screen, which leads me to believe it is not specifically an issue with my device.

Galaxy S8+

Android 9

Ingress Version 2.74.1

Post edited by RedDorkingHood on
  • Same problem, except logging into an iOS device did not fix it- it still gave me the black screen.

• The account was deleted from the device.

They rebooted the phone.

Reinstalled the application.

We connected 3G via a SIM card, disabling Wi-Fi.

We have added an account again. The problem remains.

At my own risk, I added MY account to his phone. The game has started, everything is normal. But subsequent attempts to re-launch HIS account did not lead to success.

• ofer2ofer2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

First of all, thank you so much for going to such effort to help us resolve this issue. I have tried changing a little more on the server side, could you loading the account (doesnt matter where/how) and see if it works? If not, could you paste a 4 finger log (when you get to the stuck state, wait for a bit, then touch the screen with 4 fingers, this should copy the logs to the clipboard which you can then paste somewhere else. when you paste it, make sure that it doesnt get cut off as some places you paste will cut off the end)?

@ofer2 Could this information be given to the support team, so that when we submit tickets, agents know how to grab that log file to add to their tickets? It might help to find issues faster if support is gathering logs, even if they just give canned replies and close the tickets. At least the data from the logs is captured. Shouldn't be hard to export that log info to where it could be utilized.

edited July 2021

While it may only be available for Android Users I copy my 4 fingered logs to a nice little app called "fast notepad" it's basic and does what I need and i think its still a work in progress since 2018 but for what it does it helps me.

Once the logs are copied i switch to a blank page in that app and paste the log to it,examine it and keep it if needed by any devs,it auto saves when you leave the app too.

I don't know if it's available for iOS users so those users would have to find something similar if it isn't.

Link below if anyone is interested.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.fast_notepad_notes_app.fastnotepad

• I attempted the "enter a passcode in intel" suggestion again overnight and maxed out my inventory. I immediately logged into Ingress and that time it fully loaded and avoided the black screen of **** again. I have been playing on and off today and so far haven't had it happen again and no issues.

Earlier in the week (prior to the black screen of ****) when I was playing, on a couple of the days my in app game screen would go black and only show my avatar, but wouldn't show XM or portals/links/fields. I would have to close out Ingress and reboot to fix it.

Every so often before I would get the black screen the "Scanner Disabled: Location Inaccurate" message would pop up.

This is the log I was able to grab last night before one of my attempts that just gave me the black screen.

[FMOD] Please add an 'FMOD Studio Listener' component to your a camera in the scene for correct 3D positioning of sounds.

4 - 07/01/2021 04:53:38> ParsingError

Received Empty Response from GetGameScore SideChannel

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Niantic.Ingress.Foundation.Actions.CommActions.UpdateComm (System.Int64 radiusM, Niantic.Ingress.Comm.StreamId streamId, Niantic.Ingress.Core.Proto.Gameplay.OHCEIMAKKML data) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at System.Action`2[T1,T2].Invoke (T1 arg1, T2 arg2) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Ingress.Core.Rpc.SideChannel+<>c__DisplayClass12_1`3[TMethod,InProtoT,OutProtoT].<MakeSideChannel>b__1 (System.Int32 rpcId, Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.RpcStatus rpcStatus, OutProtoT response) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Rpc.ParsedRpcFuture+<Set>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at System.Action.Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Tasks.AsyncTaskQueueImpl.ProcessOnMain (System.Double timeBudgetMs) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

at Niantic.Platform.Ditto.Plugin.DittoPlugin.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you!