Hidden sequence in missions, working or not?

NeothetaaNeothetaa ✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in General

Hello, I have had a few missions pending while I wait for Niantic to fix hidden sequences to actually stay hidden and not reveal portal names. There was a post in 2020 saying that they had been spotted working ( https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/10981/do-missions-with-hidden-waypoints-work-as-expected ), however confirmed by a few local agents today: a mission marked as hidden sequence appears not hidden as of now - this mission is years old and not updated so perhaps the fix is only available for new or updated missions.

My question is: Do newly submitted hidden sequences work right now? Is it safe to send them for approval without the fear of spoiling all the hard work to create interesting hints. I would love to finally release some challenge for local agents that we have been desperately graving for.

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I support the question. I'd like to make a banner with hidden waypoints but such missions have been bugged since Prime release so idk if anything changed for the better now and Prime doesn't spoil stuff?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I and several others agents I know have played such missions over the last months without problem. The waypoints are hidden while playing the mission, the entered hint texts are displayed and finishing the missions works just as it did in redacted.

Only bug: The waypoints are shown when looking at the mission in the mission browser in the scanner before starting the mission.

edited June 2021

Yes, the bug is still there. On 2.74.1. The portals are shown when looking at the mission in the mission browser before starting the missions. Once you have started and finished or aborted the mission, the display is correct until you restart the app. Then the bug is back again.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

@KarM3L @NineBerry your testimonies diverge. I kindly ask you check this stuff once more on latest 2.74 and agree on something.

Add written above I can confirm buggy (but not really terrible bug) behaviour on 2.74.1.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

You must be unlucky then cause bo where in the making above screenshot were the portals visable......

Either that or the last 5 times I've check I've been super lucky to not encounter said bug...

Video of the bug in the current version.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Not seeing it but then I've not looked at any Completed missions......

Thanks for the video, might have to find one I've completed and check.....

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Cool I'm able to confirm completed missions show the full list... don't recall classics behavior,

But IMHO it's useful to look back and see where mission portals are....

I don't think it's only related to completed missions. I'll try and find one I haven't completed.

I can confirm that there is a difference between missions you have already played and those that you have not already played. The bug I described only happens for missions that you have not already finished before. So, it might actually not be a bug but on purpose,

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Thanks that's interesting to know...

Should say:

The bug I described only happens for missions that you have already finished before.