NL-1331 Meetup Medal awarded for normal hacks ????????

More than two months ago after a bug the medal NL-1331 appeared on profiles of players who did NOT want it. You have announced to remove it to players who did not want it (https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/14253/nl-1331-meetup-medal-awarded-for-normal-hacks) and still nothing. I contacted the support yesterday and they told me:

**** ? Are you going to remove this shitty medal from the profiles of the people who asked for it or not ? Because it is still a proposal from YOUR part, assume your responsibilities

Tagged:
4 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely agree that it is shitty that Niantic didn't remove the medal yet even after opening a thread on the forum here, but for once, the support is right: They themselves do not have the ability to remove badges from a profile from their end. NIAOPS has to do that, they and the Support team are different entities.

Still on Niantic though, of course.

• To be perfectly honest I don't care who does it, as long as it's done as announced 3 months ago 🙃

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps its not possible the way their code is to just remove a badge.. otherwise why hasnt it been done by now? im sure they have other things to fix like comm.. but weird no update in that thread yet.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

They posted the notice on March 30th. You didn’t request the badge tick be removed until April 22nd. From the past, the window for removal is a week, two weeks at the most. Should they have closed the thread, probably.

however last year this happened too, and in most cases (last year included) after the one or two weeks are up they take any agent names in the respective thread and remove the tick in one batch. After the batch is run, they will not run it again for that instance.

This is what my assumption for what happened is, unless someone who posted their request for removal around March 30th can confirm the tick is still there or not?

edit: and now the request for removal thread is completely gone. Maybe check over the next day or two and see if it vanishes?

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP did make a post on March 30th, and then another one on April 22nd. Looks like Niantic ghosted them after making a promise.

• Sorry for the delay, @LissSky! We've already escalated this issue to the dedicated team. I'll share this again with them and will get back when we have an update/more info to share. Thank you for your patience!

• Hi @LissSky - we've corrected your account; are you able to confirm?

All - we are also looking into others who may have been missed.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Not OP, but checked myself because I was curious. The medal is locked again!

• Everything is good on my side, tank you

This discussion has been closed.