Niantic Blog | Meet You At Our Live Events (Second Sunday Mission Day and NL-1331 tour in the US)

13»

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

The only explanation I can find is that they intend to make it 100% virtual.

Also, it could be that they expect the new CM to magically fix it. Community Messiah.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

They really need to announce the full details like atleast a week if not more in advance, are they gonna give all details 24hours before its supposed to start ?

• Depending on the details, I was hoping to put together a mission banner.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Just assume that you want to play 6 or 12 new missions on that day. So, there will not be travel involved unless you have already played all the missions in your own town. If you have played all the missions around you, think about creating some new ones or plan travelling to the nearest place with new missions.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

So for you its ok if they release full details 24hours before the event starts?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

The absence of more detailed information makes it clear that there will not be events at specific locations but that we are just encouraged to play missions locally.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

People might want some lead time to create new missions.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, whether they will fast track missions for the event like they did for IFS and what the requirements would be if so.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope they release more details before the next IFS.

• I went ahead and created a six-part series as I will be in an area with very few missions currently. I really hope that's enough to get credit for participating.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticThia can you provide any insight into this upcoming event?

• spiesrspiesr ✭✭

They've had over three weeks of notice at this point. (Provided they were able to read between the lines and deduce from the initial announcement that this will just be a case of "do one (maybe more) mission period this day to get a tick on your mission day badge.")

• An announcement soon would be nice so people have some time to prepare.

• jbsggjbsgg ✭✭

I created a couple of 6-tile banners both with the title 'Second Sunday of Missions - [name of city]. Description followed the narrative of the announcement and included a line about getting together for a Second Sunday Day of Missions. I tagged one of the tiles with the location - Second Sunday Mission - 2021. All were approved within a day of submission. Plan to wait to see what happens on July 11 before submitting additional missions.

• Is there a MAP or list of the special approved missions? I want to know if I have to drive 50 miles to find the approved ones since none are local!