Feature Request: UI Improvement around Portal Scan and Scout Controller

haripoharipo ✭✭✭

It was a bit difficult for me to understand the mechanism of claiming Scout Controller and of Unique Scout Controlled achievement.

After my effort, I have concluded that 3 modification can improve them.

(1) Always show my Scout Points on the Portal Detail screen.

When other agent is Scout Controller of a certain Portal, my Scout Point is not shown. That means I can't know how many Points do I need to gain in order to claim its Scout Controller.

(2) Show the schedule of Scout Point decreasing as well.

If I can see "when Scout Point of the present Scout Controller would decrease" on the screen, I could minimize my Scan for claiming Controller. That means I would be able to spend my time for Scanning more variety of Portals.

(3) Change the marker of the Portal that I have got VSCP bonus point.

I can see yellow circle marker for my Scout Controlled Portal on the in-Scanner map and Intel Map, but it doesn't tell if I have got VSCP bonus (+2 points for Unique Scout Controlled achievement.) This modification encourages me to Scan the Portals I've Scout-Controlled for more times.

For example, yellow double circle marker would do.

For your information, here is my blog, in which I wrote further (in Japanese.)

Comments

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

The only reason Scout Controller is even half bearable is because so few agents are even bothering with it, if I had to keep scanning portals more than once I would have given this up quick fast.

I do bring up the agents profile if a portal in controlled, can sometimes see how few scans they have done in the last month which helps me decide if I should scan it

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I have brought up these points and other in a thread I started a couple weeks ago…

No acknowledgment from the Ingress team. So not sure if they see any of these as priorities or not. For something they want us to do, I’d think they would want to work with us to create a better tool. But, I truly don’t know or understand their methods.

About your points, I’m not sure I completely understand No. 3. If you have the yellow circle and it’s volatile, that means you got the points. I know the volatiles change, but I don’t see any reason to know if you got 3 SCPs on a portal from months ago.

• haripoharipo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@ZeroHecksGiven Thank you for comment, and letting me know your previous post!

My third suggestion means there can be a situation “I’ve claimed Scout Controller when it WASN’T volatile but it IS volatile now,” in which I could gain 2 bonus USC points from the Portal by Scanning more.