• 364 Fields
  • 366 Links
  • 124 Portals
  • 6 homogeneous layers of fields

The Result

The Barebones

The Drawing

The Link Plan

The links in purple are @Stultusz, the green ones @Pokericeira and the red were the setup, made to defend the drawing from offensive perpendicular links coming from the west, optimize SBUL usage and serve as guidelines for the drawing.

A Spreadsheet Snippet

The Story

Building fields is fun! I've followed @57Cell 's videos religiously and almost managed to build a HCF6 inside Lisbon back in 27/12/2020.

After months of farming, planning, and through the discovery of new portals in the area, we've managed to reach a state where a duo-player HCF6 could be manageable inside the beautiful village of Ericeira, all within walking distance. 

After the portals had been picked, we went for a baseline approach of building the HCF6 (bottom-up, presented as east-west in the map) since it was straightforward to split between two.

Key farming was done in the weeks prior, including extra copies to facilitate potential mending. Lots of capsules going back and forth! We concentrated all the keys in one player and made use of the CORE Inventory Management to check for which keys to farm and organize them in capsules.

The gameplay in the village is usually low, but some very active RES players play in the vicinity. We needed to go as fast and as quiet as we could. So we decided to split this in the span of a weekend:

• First day we capture and fully deploy the portals (and mods), print out plans and do the setup links. If no adversary activity was taken, we could proceed for the second day with more confidence.
  • Second day, do only the fields/links. No hacks needed nor active keys in the inventory besides the plan.

On 19/06/2021, we went for it, thinking the travel restriction inside the council would make for less interruption.

On the first day everything was going smoothly, but the double R8 event allowed the presence of P8s in the village which drew too much attention and RES destroyed part of the game board in the afternoon. We retaliated, thinking all our efforts had been for naught, but managed to mend most of the initial plan. However we were still unsure if we should continue it the next day because we had raised too much attention.

On the second day, no nearby RES activity was given and the near-maximized inventory pushed us forward for a trial. A few resonators were missing, so we did have to deploy occasionally.

Miscommunication issues in the first HCF3 gave us a fright. Everything else went smoothly, with a single link misfire and ADA having to be used in the last portal before closing.

TL;DR

It was a blast and a good anniversary present for @Pokericeira ! The planning, the preparation, the anticipation... I highly recommend it!

Bottom line, what we've learned for future tries:

• Smart use of capsules and clean inventory is amazing
  • Printed (or eBook) linking plan was helpful
  • Intel Inventory helped the farming and the key searching while patching
  • For a 2 step plan, where portals are of our faction, we could have used more outgoing links (and SBULs) to save some backtracking
  • For communication, don't phone each other. It interrupts linking, mobile network and breaks the concentration flow. We should have used something else.
  • For the last links, we could have farmed extra keys and used a Battle Beacon to close it several times, maximizing AP too, while we were at it.

The Mandatory Selfie

The stats

• 2 Agents ( @Pokericeira and @Stultusz )
  • ~16 total kilometers walked
  • 368 MUs (Ericeira has an abnormally low MU score)
  • 3h21m elapsed time
  • Several dozens of capsules traded
  • Hundreds of keys farmed
  • Countless hours planning and scheming
  • Lots of fun!

The field dimensions

• 1.45kmx1.46kmx2.55km
  • 5.46 kilometers perimet
  • .8925 square kilometers

AP

• ~201,500 AP for all the deploys
  • ~114,558 AP for all the Links
  • ~455,000 AP for all the Fields
  • All that x2 for Apex

Material

• 3 ADA (2 to exchange mods, 1 for a patch/mistake)
  • 4 Jarvis
  • 4 SBUL (3 in the last portal, 1 in the centroid)
  • 12 Apex used
  • 992 Resonators deployed
Post edited by Stultusz on
Tagged:

Comments

• You guys are awesome. GJ fellas :D

• Fantastic

• Excellent work!! worthy of admiration.

• Awesome work guys, great job !

• Beautiful work.

• BGracaBGraca ✭✭✭

CONGRATULATIONS for the excellent work.

what an example of teamwork!

a plan an adventure an achievement.

Just a sugestion @Stultusz

Next time, In the stats, put the amout of MUs made 😉😎

• StultuszStultusz ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Edited.

I hadn't mention the MUs because it was a laughable low number. Unfortunately Ericeira has an abnormally low MU score and this was a compact design. 😅

The biggest field was 4 MU. The central link generated two fields with 2+1 MUs total.

In total, we achieved 368 MUs (# of fields +4).

• ChychaChycha ✭✭

Well done Team!!!

Excelent planning and execution.

Pleasure to play with you guys!!!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Either the Intel didn't load completely all times you were trying to screenshot, or there's a TON of holes. It's not an HCF6 even with one hole present. Please redo (or fix, I see the field is still up so you'd need a few ADAs and some keys) and be careful about your link order, you can't just throw left and right. Nice try though! But it isn't that easy and your result can't be called "HCF", sorry :)

Post edited by 1valdis on
  • LcfpLcfp ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Unfortunately @1valdis is right, you threw just a single wrong link and that compromised homogeneity.

As you can see, there are some spots that are "darker" within your field, meaning that something went wrong. If everything was right you would have seen a plain and consistent color throughout the whole hcf.

Your mistake was with the "Miradouro dos Nós" to "Âncora com Cepo - Caminho Náutico" link, which has been created too late in the link plan. With a couple of ADAs, a few keys and a bit of commitment you are still in time to fix it.

If you need further info about either the mistake or how to fix it, you can find a very helpful hcf community in the discussion group attached to the Telegram channel PLAN (Https://t.me/plan_ingress_news/).

• StultuszStultusz ✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads-up @Lcfp and @1valdis . It should now be patched up!

Will update the status accordingly afterwards.

• LcfpLcfp ✭✭✭

@Stultusz Good job guys! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• LcfpLcfp ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I was just notified of another mistake in the hcf which I completely missed before. The triangle "Anfiteatro do Parque de Santa Marta" - "Leaving the Cocoon" - "Sad Broken Face" has only five layers instead of six.

Sorry that I missed it. I advise you to make a thorough check of the whole field with a layer-counting IITC plugin, just to be sure and avoid the possibility that I missed other mistakes.

• StultuszStultusz ✭✭✭

Nicely spotted @Lcfp. If the field stands, well try once again!

• StultuszStultusz ✭✭✭

Redone the links. And it seems that third time's the charm.

Thank you for your guidance, @Lcfp !

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Just checked and didn't see any apparent holes at current moment. Good job @Stultusz , my warm congratulations! Welcome to the HCF6+ builders club :D

• LcfpLcfp ✭✭✭

@Stultusz The merit is @Papaveris's, who spotted the second minuscule triangle. I was just the carrier of the bad news 😉

Congrats again for your achievement!

• MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

Hooray! Congratulations on your persistence! Been there, done that with the corrections. Linky-linky-linky.

• Muitos Parabéns 👏

A vossa capacidade de organização e persistência para concluir um desenho tão complexo foi deveras impressionante 💪

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

Congratulationsssss 😁

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

Great job for patching it up twice! Welcome to the club!

• StultuszStultusz ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Adding up to the stats (can't edit):

• +3 Retries (4 total tries)
    • +17 ADA used
    • +1 Battle Beacon used (fast way to drop links or flip an immunized portal)
    • +16 total kms trekked
    • +2 times being mistaken for a parking officer (Standing idly near cars taking notes has that effect somehow?)
    • +Loads of fun!

I've also learn that besides planning, it's also important to be cool headed and not let your own rush of completion or fear of opposition be the thing that undoes you.

Knowing that, always double-check before closing big fields, pack extra time, keys, viruses and some battle beacons (if you can spare them) but never forget to learn and celebrate!

Happy fielding!

Post edited by Stultusz on
  • Nice work. Keep doing ENL proud!!!

@Rath24 we need to plan one our side.....

• ArwethArweth ✭✭✭

Wow! That corrections! I am very glad to see no faction rivalry but cooperation which helps achieve this demanding challenge!

• @Stultusz when are you planning the next H6 and where? I want to have fun as well xD