Do we all agree that CATAN ads in Ingress channels are inappropriate?

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

[at] Niantic:

What's the point?

You want people to get out of Ingress for CATAN? I think not.

You want to fool people with words like "Special announcement for Agents in New Zealand, Australia..." to think that there are Ingress events in those places? I think not.

Could you care more about Ingress announcements instead please, instead of posting once a week?

Comments

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Rolling eyes.

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

If it was a generic Niantic account, like on Twitter, that’s cool. It doesn’t feel appropriate in the “Ingress” Telegram channel, especially as its there for the most important new and updates, relevant to Ingress.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

They got everyones hopes up and it turns out Its like 5 countries.....

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Why do you feel you can't play both? I play Ingress/Wizards/PoGo together just fine.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope some player of Cartan can invite me to cartan Beta.

Hope Niantic relese cool speaksounds on tutorial and all characters we meat and more.

• yes totally inappropriate. At first - by reading the message - I was hyped by an event in my area. Then totally disappointed when I learned that it was only an advertising for another game...

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It's fine

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care, as long as the Catan team is paying Ingress for the advertising space.

If not, ****

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong channel, Catan WE is still broken even after a year of it being out here. What's the point in advertising it through Ingress? The official Catan WE channel has been dead for over a year lol

• Advertizing is annoying but not what I would call 'inappropriate'. Like others have said, if it happened very frequently that would be inappropriate.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'm more upset that Catan isn't out for the US yet.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to learn how to play this game

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Catan WE is broken, super laggy and not new player friendly.

It is promoted as a strategy game, when in actuality, it is a farming game, akin to Farmville

At a time when when we are trying to encourage new players to play Ingress, Niantic have signaled that their own IP is worthless

@NianticBrian I know we talked about this on the AMA for the Auckland First Saturday, but this is not the way.

Catan will appeal to lazy players that have ample wayspots, or like Farmville type games, and doesn't encourage getting out to explore like Ingress incentivises.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever reason, your post made me think about how awesome an Ingress/Geocaching match up would be. No idea what that would look like, but the objective of either is to get you outside and exploring, right?!?!

Always makes me bummed out I missed the stuff with GoRuck.

On a side note that’s actually more relevant to the topic at hand, I’m really only interested in playing the other Niantic games if there was a way to get advantages in Ingress by playing the other games. I know that most wouldn’t be into that and probably, I agree for the most part. But it really would be the only way to incentivize my time with anything other than Ingress…

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress/Geocaching would be interesting.

The promoting of Catan from Ingress, to lure Ingress players away from the game that I love, is just wrong.

If there was intent to promote both games, that would be nice, but the advertising doesn't promote Ingress.

Mainly because there is zero reward for Ingress players.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't care for the post, but once is no big deal. Willing to tolerate those posts if Ingress also getting cross-promoted is part of the deal.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I was surprised to see the post and guess they’ll cross promote across all their game accounts every now and then which is fine by me.

It would have made a lot more sense to do this “Invite a friend” event after the global launch but feels like that’s a while off.

I wonder if the Ingress account will similarly promote the new Transformers game, where your app is called a Scanner and you’re part of the Guardian Network?

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

Having ads from different games in Ingress dedicated channels makes me think that:

A) Ingress is of little interest to Niantic when compared to other Niantic IPs games.

B) Niantic would be trying to get players to CATAN at the possible cost to lose them from Ingress.

Are we cashing out again?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting for my free N'zeer outfit.

Hope @NianticBrian @NianticCasey understand we need pre-registration in Google Play Store now.

Hope Niantic relese pre-registration now on all play store.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Both Brian and Casey have nothing to do with Catan and are not controlling if the app is listed as pre-registration. You can vent your suggestions on the Catan forum where it'll reach the right Niantic persons: https://community.catanworldexplorers.com/

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

@jontebula This is not an official source of Niantic products. Niantic does not distribute their apps on this site, and downloading it from here would be breaking ToS as this is a third-party site.