Passcode length in the app is restricted

The last passcode "futureanomalyeventspredicted" can not be redeemed in app, because of its length. You can't enter the last letter to input the correct passcode

But you could easily redeem it in the Intel map

Android MIUI 12

Pocophone f1

12 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think that it is necessary a bug, as the limit of characters was specifically imposed, probably because Niantic never thought of having such long passcodes. I wouldn't mind if they raised it by a few characters though, I really like the "plain text" passcodes instead of the hcri4ond789sn ones

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Well..this was not the first time this was a problem.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Latest passcode are to long for scanner and I must go to Intel. Please resolve we can use long passcode and resolve the bug soon.

I have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Exynos and android 11.

@NianticBrian

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope soon @NianticBrian resolve it to next update. Appmakers of Ingress Prime are now to slow and bad. Hope Niantic soon hire new appmakers are extreme good to resovle bugs fast and make the app better faster.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It cought out a lot of local players. Specifically Android players who redeem passcodes via the app.

I feel that this is a bug, that the character length was not detected beforehand