Epoch badge not updated

Hi Niantic, my Epoch badge did not update to gold, despite my Sojourner hack streak (as of writing) is continous for 117 days. As per my understanding, Epoch counter requires 7 days of continuous hacking to increase by 1. To achieve 8 (for gold), it will require 56 days of continuous hacking.

Kindly assist. Thank you.

Tagged:
4 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

did u do a normal hack? it doesnt work with drones.

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to the fact that drone hacks count for Sojourner but not Epoch, there is another way you can have an unbroken Sojourner streak and a broken Epoch streak.

Epoch is based on calendar days (in your local timezone) while sojourner is based on a personal 24-hour cycle. You can actually go considerably more than 24 hours between hacks and maintain your sojourner, and thus it's possible to miss hacking on a calendar day and keep your sojourner alive.

For example, if your personal Sojourner day starts at, say 8PM in your local timezone, and you hack on 8:01PM on Monday, you will get credit for the Sojourner day that runs from Monday at 8PM to Tuesday at 7:59:59PM. That means you can skip the entirety of Tuesday for Sojourner - as long as your next hack is before Wednesday at 7:59:59PM you should have an uninterrupted Sojourner streak. But you will have broken your Epoch stream because you did not hack on Tuesday.

Note - if you want to keep your sojourner alive, I always recommend hacking twice in a day, because the opposite of what I described is also true - in my example if you were to hack at 7:59:59PM on Monday, and then not until 8:00:01PM on Tuesday, you'd lose your sojourner streak, and since most people don't know exactly when their Sojourner day runs, it's not a great idea to try to rely on it. But also, if you are deliberately trying to break it at a particular number for some reason, I highly recommend skipping 48 continuous hours of hacking.

Also, because it's what I do, here's an infographic

• oMrSinisterXooMrSinisterXo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@vidicon I hack at least twice a day (before i sleep and first thing i wake up). I believe my epoch counter is in sync with every one else account. It was 7 yesterday and 1 today. I suppose your epoch counter is 1 right now.

The epoch counter did reach 7...

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

You started at day one?

I'm at 8, gold and with 1 on hackstreak.

• Yes, day one. Together with my daughter. She got hers.

• Same issue

• What does your Completed Hack Streaks say?