Yet Another Open Letter for Niantic

Comments

• daawgdaawg ✭✭✭

Great post. Let me know if someone from Niantic actually acknowledges it.

• Awesome post. I'd add the poor performance on slow connections - it's just bad. Also, start-up time on iOS sometimes unbearable.

• XQlusioNXQlusioN ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

"We’ll be sharing more information about our Compartmental Access Level measures in the coming weeks on the Ingress forum and our other social channels."

Posted Feb 23rd...

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

We keep saying this over and over and it's always on deaf ears.

• kireankirean ✭✭✭

A great post like this gets less then 200 insightful+likes, why should niantic care..

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Wrong part of the world. N. America is crawling with spoofers. Some weeks more than others but there are plenty of them floating around.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

200 upvotes passed. I guess we just keep bumping this to prove that Niantic won't be able to wait it out.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

I think @ace himself should do monthly AMAs until a CM can take over.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@ace last signed in october 2020.. i do hope someone will reply next week is weekend now so doubt we will hear anything until then.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Niantic, you won't be able to wait it out. Besides, ignoring it is ugly.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

They have top men working on it. They read all the posts and are under no obligation to answer to anyone who demands answers. It sets a bad precedent. We already know all these issues are being handled and they will be fixed when they are fixed.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

It's a patience deal.

We want answers yesterday and if answers can't be provided then reasons why they can't be provided are absolutely desired.

That's the gap that makes people less than happy. We want this fixed, or legitimate reasons why they can't.

They've answered before, it's being worked on. There's no need to keep repeating that. This topic is just the ingress version of a Karen demanding to speak to the manager, when the manager has already spoken. It will be fixed when it's fixed.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Hanke is not going to do anything. If the communication issue even spans to Go which has a higher number of people and they fail there, I don't really know what to think here.

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

It’s just having that communication. Brian said that the forums are browsed and comments are taken to the right places, but some indication of this would be ideal.

A road map of what’s coming next would really help, so we have an idea of what’s coming and to look forward to.

Comms are terrible. Every time we think it is fixed, it breaks with the next update. It's a unity problem apparently. It's annoying but it isn't game breaking. You can still hack deploy and destroy without it.

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

You can hack, deploy and destroy yes. But without the knowledge of what is happening around you you can't defend, plan links, react to potential blocking links, you can't see an enemy coming to a strategic area, you can't block potential OP easily. If that isn't game breaking…

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

kinda game breaking to me when the alert tab is blank when your portals gets attacked.... Comms are a crucial part for daily play for most that needs to function as intended.