Uniq portals

Unic scans and hacks/new portals

Do they have to be from the other team or white, when i scan/hack??

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it only has to be unique to you. You can use the layers on the map screen to check which portals you've already captured or scanned and controlled.

• So if iam res. And i hack and deploy a res.portal.

It counts as unic?

And i can scan a blue portal? And get unic scoutcontrol?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

It only counts as unique the first time you deploy the first Reso on it for Capture score. Even if you change factions or Recurse it’s one-and-done.

same for scout/scout controller. Only the first time you Scan the portal. For Scout Controller you have to scan the portal AFTER at least 30 days have passed since the last Scan, no matter the person.

• GhostFreak666GhostFreak666 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

If you just upgrade/hack portal you just get uniq visit, you can get unic capture if the portal owner by you. You can uniq scout if you get scout controller from the portal.

Note: Using virus not be counted uniq capture, you only get 1 uniq point/portal even you change faction.

• Thank u so much

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

Capturing a portal now counts for explorer too. I think that used to be different, but if you're working on pioneer and explorer at the same time there's no need to also hack a captured portal to tick up both stats.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Discovering a portal will also now add to your Explorer. This was changed back in November/December 2020

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭

I've only been playing for 5 years, and capturing a portal has always counted for explorer since I started. I do not recall the founders I know ever saying it used to be different.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Back when Explorer and Pioneer were established, they counted differently.

Players rightly claimed that a unique capture, is also a unique visit thus the explorer logic was updated to captures.

The change was made approximately, in 2013.

I don't remember exactly when