Yet Another Open Letter for Niantic

Comments

• Well written, agrees completely with @InvestigateXM

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

You’ve got the sweet spot for the issues, well written. Yes, I have echoed all time, I can wait. But please tell us any roadmaps or what the team is focused on.

• +1

• timecop1818timecop1818 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

honestly, who is actually spoofing anything in this dead game? there are barely several thousands agents who are online at any given time and the activity has died down considerably over the years, hell even the item sellers have probably shut most of their stuff down because they really don't have a big enough customer base to justify running the equipment/bots. it's probably more profitable to gather some Pokemon items for resale or whatever that game does.

I have seen one cheater in this game once three or four years ago in taipei, and I have never ever seen one since then.

as far as ingress being dead, in my area used to be something like 10 active agents 3 years ago and now there are zero, and every single new portal that appears in my area is added by a Pokemon user.

Post edited by NianticVK on
  • SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

There is still a fair **** of activity in some areas. Perth, Western Australia seems more active now than six months ago. We also get semi regular spoofer hits.

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

I cannot agree more. Sadly this is just another cry for help that will fall on the same deaf ears. The Ingress Team has made a few decent stabs at communication over the past year (IUENG interview, sporadic dev diaries, good communication on bugs/issues just after a feature launches) but each of these good moves are very short lived and followed by an abyss of silence that causes the community to rage more and more each time.

As always, I hope this changes but stepping away from this toxic relationship (read:Ingress) for the last 3 months has done my soul a lot of good. I’d like to return when things shore up but my hope for that time is at an all time low.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on a near 2million capital city, with barely 10 different logs daily here.

I bet you there's more Pokemon players active here in one day than ingress players in the whole world.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with the OP

It is a long read and covers the main issues

COMM, Communications with the players, Story or lack of for over a year etc.

Ingress Prime in 2018 is better than it is now, aside from the new features. But the whole scope of the game was better then.

Story, live events, effects (audio and visual) were better.

Story:

Actors aren't free or cheap, we get that. That doesn't justify lack of ongoing story.

Live events :

Classic Anomalies have been on indefinite hold, and are dependent on a story.

Yet more casual hexathlon style can be set up in countries which have covid-19 under control, and because there is no need for a story to go with them, FOMO isn't too much of an issue.

Effects:

A lot of development time went into these features and some of us appreciate the hard work that went into them yet they have languished or been deleted without good reason. Some. Of these effects were designed to be able to have the story played out in different ways.

Oh how we wish that Andrew Krug was still around.

We hope that the new CM starts soon, as in, before the end of the month.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Have some patience. You really think they are not working on these things?

• Well put, I love ingress and hope that they can resolve the major issues that they face (and we suffer) soonTM

Regarding COMM, just roll back to the jump to the top version...that's preferential to the current Sh1t show!!!

• MJ78MJ78 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

+1 to the opening post.

The comms issue is now an utter joke. I've stated elsewhere on here that my C.O.R.E subscription will be cancelled - that is if no communication on an ultimate resolution, or fix is forthcoming by early next month.

It is now becoming a case of 'how long is a piece of string', as to when comms will be fixed - if at all.

Quite frankly this is not on. Escpecially considering that a good few of us are now paying a monthly fee towards this game.

Post edited by MJ78 on
  • NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Ingress just got updated to Unity LTS, y'all need to chill out; they have their hands full fixing difficult to resolve bugs.

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭

Very well said.

I'd like to add sorting a list alphabetically (yeah, the keys in the inventory) seems rather hard. ****. Hire an intern to write a unit test for that so that it never gets broken again after fixing it.

• caiOHawkcaiOHawk ✭✭✭

I agree with this open letter and I still wait for the fix of the 5th anniversary Niantic gift that blocked agents to buy the 5 key lockers on the store.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

That one's not happening chief. They've already said only agents who had all five before claiming the free one will ever have six

• Definitely well written, and hopefully if Niantic do read they can look resolving these issues as these are definitely just the tip of the iceberg...

definitely love the game, but the issues and the lack of communication and support Niantic show to resolve ingress issues is definitely a problem.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

It's like if a thirst person ask for water at a restaurant and receive (after 45 minutes) a glass of dirty water, and when ther person complain that was expecting for clean water to drink, the waiter reply "you didn't mention that, how I was suposed to know that? Enjoy your water, sir"

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I agree, even though they have nothing to offer either because of NDAs, etc, etc.

Something needs to give. Start working with us Niantic!!! Working with us on your releases benefits everyone.