Feature: plant bombs in capsules

I'd like to suggest a game feature, that would make capsules more useful:

what if we could put a bomb (or some item) in a capsule and drop it;

when other player picks it up, it "explodes" and destroys some of his items;

the bomb could be obtained through Kinetic Capsule program, for example.

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Something to craft from all the useless capsules I have. How about instead of destroying items, it hits all portals regardless of color

• The other day I was thinking of a VR "Overcharged resonator" item that you could only create using a kinetic capsule. The added kinetic energy makes the resonator unstable, so when it gets destroyed it releases an XM burst that damages nearby players and opposing-faction Portals.

The concept could be applied to a range of items, like capsules that explode when picked up, mods that release a dangerous XM burst when peeled off.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding "Kinetic Energy" to an item to overcharge it is brilliant.

• Is no-one else reading this as a concept of littering the landscape with mines?

Either way, IMO nothing should be able to 'randomly destroy items in someone's inventory'. Not only does it lead to a whole pile of bad outcomes, but this really sounds more like another attempt to stop people picking up capsules that other people have dropped.

If you put something on the ground and walk away you're gonna lose it.

• nineteen8t4nineteen8t4 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I like this concept, but maybe instead of damaging inventory, you take XM damage or lose AP. Or maybe instead of dropped capsules, it could be dropped resonators, XMPs, etc. Definitely a concept worth exploring. It reminds me of a game called Spy v.s. Spy that I used to play on Apple II where you could drop boobytrapped briefcases for the enemy agent to pick up and, well, boom.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

What is this D+D? Lol, AP loss by running afoul of a wight or undead. Definite flavor loss. I like damaging inventory more. Anything that strips keys would be welcome.

• It sounds interesting and fun!!

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a similar suggestion that I never released: Static XMP Buster Assister.

·Description: this item, upon drop, activates and start firing previously loaded XMPs after some seconds of delay.

·How it works: the Assister can carry up to 50 XMP (agent level restrictions apply) that will be used 1 by 1 automatically after a short delay when activated. Assister is Static, which means that it will stay in place until all XMP are used, then it will self-destruct, leaving an XM area printed where it used to be (as portals do).

·Crafting: 1 Rare Capsule, 10 Power Cubes, 10 Resonators, 1-50 XMPs.

Problem with this suggestion is that it requires it's own UI design.