C.O.R.E Subscription Issues - limited inventory now

CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had numerous Subscription issues, since subscribing. Subscription benefits coming late, subscription seeming renewing multiple times in a month, Subscription counter Stat being wrong etc. Previously, I have just missed out on extra CMU, no big deal. My inventory storage amount was unfazed, and I ultimately got the inventory items, just late.

It seems like my June Subscription was never charged - even though my subscription has been continuous through the Apple store. Consequently, today I have had my extra inventory space removed.

I have submitted a ticket through the In-App support, but I haven't gotten any response.

Tagged:
15 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaand once again Apple issues. If you go to Settings - iCloud/Account (at the top) - Media & Payments - View Account - Purchase History you will see a section at the top that says Pending, with the Ingress subscription charge there. This strongly suggests it’s an issue with Apple’s billing practices but still this shouldn’t force us to give up benefits for up to two weeks.

@NianticBrian

• If Apple hasn't cleared your payment method and your subscription payment is considered PENDING, then the C.O.R.E. subscription benefits currently end until your payment actually goes through and executes, and is cleared by Apple.

One thing you may be able to try is to re-sign into your Apple ID account and verify your payment method.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmed, it is pending:

Frustrating. I still have to get rid of inventory so I can hack for Maverick.

• BeVewyVewyQwietBeVewyVewyQwiet ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

This also happened to me today. I get a "Store sync error" when I try to go to "Join C.O.R.E". Hitting the refresh button in the Ingress Settings does nothing. I've unlinked and re-linked my apple account and verified my payment in my iCloud settings

• BeVewyVewyQwietBeVewyVewyQwiet ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

It would seem to be a bug that an automatic renewal takes longer to process than it does to be cut off from the subscription. Please take this as evidence that it not an isolated problem

• Same thing here. iOS and it’s the second month I’ve had issues. My payment doesn’t show as pending, rather it says the next renewal date is July. Also no loadout.

Should I cancel and start over? If so, should I be doing that every month?

• I cancelled and renewed, got the CORE package again but still no item limit increase, and now with the new CORE package items I'm over my limit again, ugh.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Exactly. If I have to go through this process EVERY month then I don’t think it’s worth the hassle. Have to recycle up to 500 items every month just to be able to play again? just to get that space back in a week? Where does this make sense?

This is how Apple’s policy works, not our personal preferences we cannot control this functionality. My payment came from a GIFT CARD already loaded in my account and it’s still going to wait.

I have had subscriptions in other games renewed and have never had this much trouble. Always kept the benefits. And yes, it’s the same situation where the billing does not happen for up to two weeks after the renewal date.

• @NianticBrian could u find out some info.. account says pament taken.. no core...last month was 15 days before finally had it reset... month before was 10 days.. month before 8 days.. i have had it for 5 months my account says.. wvery month same problem even tho payments are taken on 9th.. i have prob lost a month in total.. sent info to niantic and no responce on the last 5 messages i have sent.. iphone like all the others... latest ios update.. seems like im not the only one

• silverkalisilverkali ✭✭✭

I am having exactly the same issues. Like one of the players above I loaded the subscription amount onto my iTunes account but it’s still left as pending.

what is more annoying is that my inventory limit didn’t reduce until the moment the core loadout came up on the screen.

• KyebuKyebu ✭✭

My Apple tech said that the payment is not what is pending but rather the invoice is pending so the problem lies with Niantic. Supposedly the transaction has been approved and Niantic has been told it is approved. When you get a notification of the latest charges from Apple, the pending goes away.

• I have never had issues with the inventory decrease till this time. My core subscription load out came but my inventory went down just before the load out. It hasn’t come back up to the 2500. My Apple account says subscription paid (not pending). Last month my card was expired but as soon as I updated it - my subscription was renewed with no inventory issues. I have been a subscriber since CORE started.

I have logged out and reloaded but no change in inventory.

• KyebuKyebu ✭✭

I fired an xmp off and the 2500 limit is restored. The purchase history still says Pending.

• @CliffM @ArkFang @BeVewyVewyQwiet @Enlightengadora @XGmcthunderX your accounts all seem to be in the PENDING state. Does anything happen when you tap the Refresh button in the Ingress Settings menu (at the very bottom of the menu)?

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I have pressed that button dozens of times, as well as perform many game actions. No effect

• caytcayt ✭✭✭
  • ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

No change.

Edit: My purchase was processed around :25 after the hour, just when I posted this. I just pressed the Refresh button again at :35 after the hour, also remote recharged, refreshed scanner via portal tap. Still not active CORE. Need to wait a little more time until Drone Hack is available.

Final update: At :45 I have rebooted my phone, signed out and signed back in, reinstalled the app, all the troubleshooting steps. Still nothing. Subscription is active in App Store but is not recognized/active in the app.

Post edited by ArkFang on
  • ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@NianticBrian My CORE updated and I received everything, while just sitting open just now. Thank you for helping in resolving this issue.

• I also tried this button several times. Yesterday afternoon I got my actual invoice email from Apple showing it's paid and no longer pending but still no resolution and the refresh button had no effect.

• @NianticBrian Also the same error occurs here.; C.O.R.E subscription via Apple AppStore, renew subscription happened 10th June at Japan, pending status shown, 2000 inventory, no effect even if "Refresh" button pressed. Also noted that the chat support is not working as expected.

• Same issue here. Anniversary today, got the loadout and then inventory space dropped to 2000 vs the paid for 2500 space.

So I tried a weird solution that fixed this issue for me. Since the subscription was still valid for 30 days from today and I had already received the loadout for the month, I cancelled the subscription.

Immediately after the confirmation of the cancellation, I resubscribed. The inventory was back at 2500 and so far, no additional charges to the account.

While this could incur an additional cost, I'll dispute it as a double billing if necessary. As with all things, ymmv.

• It's great, congrats:) But it doesn't work for me unfortunately.

• m0en1xm0en1x ✭✭
    edited June 2021

I have the same issue now.@NianticBrian

Post edited by m0en1x on
  • theChanditheChandi ✭✭✭

Hi Brian,

Sorry to harangue you on user forums but it seems support has forgotten about quite a few of us. Can you please check on the status of my subscription? I subscribed on day one and so far I have had at best 6 weeks of C.O.R.E benefits out of 12 weeks it has been active. Core problem (pun intended) is I am down to 2000 inventory capacity since mid May. See last response from support below on 22 May. Total silence since then. I

• @NianticBrian nothing... reset... deleted reinstall... refresh several times.. nothing....

• for the 3rd time I again have issues with core. Loadout is ok, but again the 500 extra inventory has disappeared.