[2.72.1] 2 finger pinch zoom is not working and black out.

2»

Comments

• We're working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime, using 1-finger zoom (double-tap, hold, then slide up or down) is a temporary workaround on the iPhone SE (2020) until this is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

• haripoharipo ✭✭✭

As @jene4444ka has pointed out, forcing to update the app is not kind for iPhone SE2 users.

(Fortunately, I use iPhone 11, not SE2.)

It could be ok if the issue could be surely solved in version 2.73 and served soon; but it’s not.

We can spread the tips for avoiding blackout to fellow agents, but it’s limited and many would want to keep using 2-finger zoom.

Is there any reason that you couldn’t stop forcing update?

• We require the latest Ingress app version and try to keep all players on the same version when possible to better isolate new issues, and for security reasons. Unity shared that this issue has been fixed in a newer version of Unity 2019 LTS, and we're testing to confirm that upgrading resolves this.

• EnmaEnma ✭✭

How come without solving this bug, you require update to buggy version??

• cb23kgcb23kg ✭✭

@NianticBrian

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE STORE SETTING TO FORCE UPDATE, when it happens such fatal problems, even on some models.

• jene4444kajene4444ka ✭✭
    edited June 2021

@NianticBrian I think in the future to fix bugs on the latest version (it was earlier that the latest version of ingress prime crashes on iOS 11 - https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/9897/resolved-ingress-2-41-crashing-on-ios-11-android-5-and-6), need to allow the use of the previous version of the application.

I habitually zoom in with two fingers automatically, and constantly reload the game. This is incredibly infuriating.

Post edited by jene4444ka on
  • CyrcleCyrcle ✭✭

I'm having the same problem.

• Repeatedly experiencing blank, black screen upon zooming out while looking at scanner. The screen stays blank/black as soon as I use 2 fingers to zoom from the original view, and I can’t get any visuals back afterwards. I’ve reloaded the app 20+ times, I’ve reinstalled it, but this has been persistent for 1-2 days.

• TrinityDeTrinityDe
    edited June 2021

I have the Same Zoom Bug with iPhone SE (Modell MXD22ZD/A) and iOS 14.6.

• Same problem

Iphone SE

IOS 14.6

• Confirmed. But only experiencing on iPhone SE 2 and only in the last couple of days for me, not back in May. Please fix

• I am having this issue also.

Iphone SE (2020)

Did not have the issue with it on my iPadMini4. (I noticed some of the people mentioned having the issue on their iPad Pros...)

• I can also confirm this issue with SE2. It’s a PITA.

• I am also having this issue on my SE2. is there an ETA for the next version that will fix it? I spend all my time restarting the app when trying to play :(

• The screen goes black when I’m zooming out in the scanner, but only on my iPhone. My Android works fine

I have to restart everytime.

• haripoharipo ✭✭✭

This report is known issue and duplicate of:

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/15178/2-72-1-2-finger-pinch-zoom-is-not-working-and-black-out#latest

Niantic says it could be resolved in v2.74.

Please try 1-finger zooming until the update.

• I have the same problem in the iphone se 2020, ios 14.6 it’s very uncomfortable pls fix it

• Thanks for reaching out, @Zpaze! I've merged your post with a related thread for visibility. While we're working on the fix, please use this workaround:

• Confir bug. SE 2020, ios 14.6.

build 2.72.1-531db458

Black screen on any multitouch. If phone rotate upside-down, battery saver is on and logo is shown, so application does not hangs, just problem with rendering active game screen.

• WaxineWaxine ✭✭

Looks like it's fixed with latest app update (iPad Pro 2nd gen), thanks^^

• @NianticBrian This bug was fixed in 2.74.1. Thank you!

• SirKingIkeSirKingIke ✭✭✭

Can confirm it has been fixed for me.

• @NianticVK & @NianticThia for now I think it's Advisable to "Close" this topic & mark it as "Resolved" seeing as reports seem good for this patch on it being fixed.

If there's a Re-occurance in the future it can be reopened and new topics merged into it if that happens.

Hopefully It Won't 😜