Ingress 2.73.1 Release Notes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Fixed a crash that can occur when attacking Portals.

• Fixed: Japanese and Chinese text input resolves correctly.

• Fixed: Cleared the Access level insufficient error during Agent Tutorial.

Known Issues

• We’re testing a fix for pinch-to-zoom on iPhone SE (2020), which should be ready in the 2.74.1 update. In the meantime, double tap and then drag up or down to zoom.

• We're testing a fix for a crash that can occur when uploading Portal Scans, also in the 2.74.1 update.

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

and this will be about the same time when we have a community manager and the continuation of the plot. I bet it won't happen this year.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

they can't afford a community manager and scriptwriter to write the story, and you want them to hire a programmer as well.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Still buggy comm.Still messed translation(Drone returned into Agent in Russian).Still alerts are silent.Still no kinda' advanced settings.Still portal flames(without images,but...).Still gotta wait for "staged rollout". But apk size becomes bigger.

Ehh

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you fix the russian text too?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Pffff. Okay I LOVE Ingress, but I'm seriously considering dropping support through CORE. The patch notes are such a letdown ever time. Such simple issues that seemingly get ignored and are just not on any radar.

I can't even get 24 hour time display, it's my system default together with English language, but the clock is 12 hour format. Pictures that are uploaded never make it into the actual game. All players know workarounds to annoyances, please just upscale development or something and give us actual updates with fixes already, it's enough.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding the crashes when firing bursters, at least for me, 2.72 massivly improved that for me. Didn't crash a single time since then, and I have heard of others having a better expirience as well. Not 100% fixed yet (testing from 2.73 still pending), but we're getting there.

Regarding curved links:

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great. I myself didn't have this issue, but have seen people bail from the game because they can't destroy a mini-fielded area without having the game restart 10 times.

And that's the issue with the progress, it's way too slow. This fix is after a couple of months have gone by since someone started having this issue after a recent patch. Couple this with all the annoying bugs that are in the game like XM suddenly disappearing, or getting duplicated, portals not being loaded whilst links and fields are being displayed, portals being displayed in the wrong location, portals with resonators that are 'immortal', no way to destroy the portal and capture it...

It's all the little things combined with issues like comms, which makes defending impossible at the moment, that are causing people to just give up already. I was hoping for some 'big bang' update, but I'm afraid this is not coming anytime soon.

• I really just hope we get some fun stuff to do in the game this summer.

• We're pausing this release to investigate an issue with the Agent Tutorial getting re-enabled, which was reported here:

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

• 4. Development of INGRESS PRIME discontinued

comm, notification, GPS, over an hour playing tofreeze, drone glyph freezing, inventory 2500 to 2000 decreasing, and so on.

Are you even trying? hahaha...nice jokes.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope @NianticBrian soon can relese we can get test of new desing of the scanner and we get questions about desing and rating system.

I like to see the ring color follow color of which avatar we use.

• I'd really just like to get back into the game along with many others,but I doubt that's gonna be addressed anytime soon as @NianticBrian and the rest of the team just ignore all the important issues.

@ofer2 Do you have any insight on the [FMOD] problem at least.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@PhantomR1982 the FMOD bug is to do with the app, not the server side, which ofer2 does.

It looks like it is a 3D sound emitter for Unity, but I am not entirely sure. Am not a coder.