Ingress 2.73.1 Release Notes
NianticBrian Niantic › admin
• Fixed: Fixed a crash that can occur when attacking Portals.
• Fixed: Japanese and Chinese text input resolves correctly.
• Fixed: Cleared the
Access level insufficient error during Agent Tutorial.
• We’re testing a fix for pinch-to-zoom on iPhone SE (2020), which should be ready in the 2.74.1 update. In the meantime, double tap and then drag up or down to zoom.
• We're testing a fix for a crash that can occur when uploading Portal Scans, also in the 2.74.1 update.
TL;DR: No comm fix
Kbye rest is not interesting
We're continuing to iterate on COMM and are aware and working to address this.
(C) NianticBrian, July 2020
comm fix when?
Hi @NianticBrian you forgot comm from ”known issues”. Please don’t forget the comm. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Suggested workaround: Hire a professional programmer to fix it.
and this will be about the same time when we have a community manager and the continuation of the plot. I bet it won't happen this year.
they can't afford a community manager and scriptwriter to write the story, and you want them to hire a programmer as well.
Still buggy comm.Still messed translation(Drone returned into Agent in Russian).Still alerts are silent.Still no kinda' advanced settings.Still portal flames(without images,but...).Still gotta wait for "staged rollout". But apk size becomes bigger.
Fix the comm. Scans don't break the game. No comm does.
You want some more BUGs?
- I don't know, if this falls into "fix the COMM", but when a kinetic capsule is finnished, I don't see any other COMM messages untill restart.
- when recharging individual resonator, you run out of juice, you use some cubes, go back to recharging, and the highlighting of the resonator is gone (though you are still recharging only that one resonator). Klicking on the rezonator turns the (invisible) highlight off, and then, the second klick brings it back on.
- when klicking on another agent name, you recive a drop down menu (message agent, view profile, etc.). When you choose "message agent" it doesn't send you straight to CHAT (lieke it did before) - you have to hit "back" few times, and then, wheb you leave "portal details view", the chat pops out.
- when messaging an @agent, the agent name does not "light up" as a hyperlink after hitting "send". Restart of the app helps - the @agent is hyperlinked then.
- mess with fonts in the agent screen - number of medals needed for a level overlaping with fonts, agents name not visible in full... Etc.
- in STATS screen / "more agents" tab - the names are not displayed in full... And the level of the agent is only one digit... When you're over 10 - you're screwed... ;)
- When looking at keys, some resonators seem to be empty, but when going to portal, they are still there (just very weak). Can't tell the difference between a weak resonator and an empty slot... Can't empty slots be just "gray empty bars" (like in the recharging window)? This would help a lot in judging how many resonators are there on a given portal...
Should I continue? :)
I'm waiting for years PRIME to get better... I'll wait some more. No worries. ;)
Regards for the "bug fixing team"! :)
This isn't an exhaustive list of every known issue, and I included these 2 specific ones because we have fixes in hand, with an ETA we can share. They weren't ready to be included in our 2.73.1 app update, but they should be ready to release in about 2 weeks time. We're actively working to fix COMM, and will continue working to fix issues players have reported.
Can you fix the russian text too?
I get this thing every time I try to open alerts / activities. And my activities page updates only when I reload the app :(
It would be nice to fix it, as I cannot recharge my portals when someone attacks them.
Pffff. Okay I LOVE Ingress, but I'm seriously considering dropping support through CORE. The patch notes are such a letdown ever time. Such simple issues that seemingly get ignored and are just not on any radar.
I can't even get 24 hour time display, it's my system default together with English language, but the clock is 12 hour format. Pictures that are uploaded never make it into the actual game. All players know workarounds to annoyances, please just upscale development or something and give us actual updates with fixes already, it's enough.
I've already dropped CORE. Not a single thing changed for the better since its addition. Still zero communication, still sluggish development. Why paying if it doesn't influence anything.
Problem is comm is broken for over a year now and now change distance only works once after that you cant force refresh only thing that works is restart scanner and thats not a good solution really.
And on top of that also alerts sometimes shows a blank page so if someone attack your portals thats just frustrating when it happens.
I agree 100%. It's all going way too slow; I get there's a pandemic, and it's challenging and all; but I really feel the development team has been scaled down to one person with an intern or something.
Don't get me wrong, the layers are a cool addition and all, but until the view for captured/visited/scouted is changed (one layer for all, there are so many cool mockups out there) and inverted, there is absolutely no use for it, and it in NO way should get priority over the things that break the game, like:
And the list goes on. And indeed no updates whatsoever in regards to the promised improvements. Roadmaps we once had are also out the window.
Yeah, and a 'force refresh' button like we had in the previous scanner is hard apparently. So restarting the game becomes the only workaround to literally almost every issue.
Regarding the crashes when firing bursters, at least for me, 2.72 massivly improved that for me. Didn't crash a single time since then, and I have heard of others having a better expirience as well. Not 100% fixed yet (testing from 2.73 still pending), but we're getting there.
Regarding curved links:
I agree with the comments regarding comms. The situation is now an utter farce and impacts the gameplay for many.
If this is not fixed in the near future, you can count on me being another cancelling my subscription. For me, it is now at the stage of 'Enough is enough'.
I'm not going to continue paying for a broken product - as the game currently is. The comms issue has been long running, yet has supposedly been 'fixed' many times now. Although comms still doesn't work as it should do.
At this time, a permanent fix for the comms issue should be the #1 priority for game bug fixes.
Edit: You have until 6th July (my next subscription cycle) to provide a fix, or provide positive noises on when we can expect a fix. If not, I will cancel my C.O.R.E subscription. I would rather not do this, however I feel this is now the only way I can register my annoyance for this long running problem.
That's great. I myself didn't have this issue, but have seen people bail from the game because they can't destroy a mini-fielded area without having the game restart 10 times.
And that's the issue with the progress, it's way too slow. This fix is after a couple of months have gone by since someone started having this issue after a recent patch. Couple this with all the annoying bugs that are in the game like XM suddenly disappearing, or getting duplicated, portals not being loaded whilst links and fields are being displayed, portals being displayed in the wrong location, portals with resonators that are 'immortal', no way to destroy the portal and capture it...
It's all the little things combined with issues like comms, which makes defending impossible at the moment, that are causing people to just give up already. I was hoping for some 'big bang' update, but I'm afraid this is not coming anytime soon.
I really just hope we get some fun stuff to do in the game this summer.
We're pausing this release to investigate an issue with the Agent Tutorial getting re-enabled, which was reported here:
４. Development of INGRESS PRIME discontinued
comm, notification, GPS, over an hour playing tofreeze, drone glyph freezing, inventory 2500 to 2000 decreasing, and so on.
Are you even trying? hahaha...nice jokes.
Hope @NianticBrian soon can relese we can get test of new desing of the scanner and we get questions about desing and rating system.
I like to see the ring color follow color of which avatar we use.
I'd really just like to get back into the game along with many others,but I doubt that's gonna be addressed anytime soon as @NianticBrian and the rest of the team just ignore all the important issues.
@ofer2 Do you have any insight on the [FMOD] problem at least.
i wonder if NIA would consider fast tracking bug reports from CORE subscribers...
there are a TON of usability / visibility issues i've been griping about, literally for over a year now, that continue to be ignored.
Sorry, I dont :(
@PhantomR1982 the FMOD bug is to do with the app, not the server side, which ofer2 does.
It looks like it is a 3D sound emitter for Unity, but I am not entirely sure. Am not a coder.