Niantic Store - What Items Would You Like to See?

What type of items would you like to see in the Niantic Store?

https://shop.nianticlabs.com/collections/all

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

faction stuff, not a t-shirt with the niantic logo....

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

If I could purchase..... In Australia ...store still only shipping to the US?

Of the current items ....

Love the toast cushions!!!

The journey logo is awesome but would need it in black, large size, V-neck.

The power core is needed. Lol.

..... Items not in the shop currently .....

Would be nice to purchase some enlightened themed gear.

Would love a tea cup

Would love some hex paper.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Before the store was set up,

I bought myself a pair of Res Glider Gloves. These are essential.

Need international shipping.

Battery banks that are faction specific.

Just more options that are ingress, and faction specific.

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

The return of the Ebooks section (even though the original was mainly links to Amazon and the Google Play store, it still helped informed people that these books exist). I wouldn't mind seeing physical books and comics being reissued.

If they ever release the tabletop RPG, then they could always sell it in the store.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the email about the shop a couple days ago. I might be down for a basic black or white tee. Res logo. Might grab an enamel pin. Would love some stickers. Even for events like the matryoshka event I’d grab a couple if shipping costs were realistic. In game medal cards like the nl-1331 stuff that you could hardly get.

Otherwise, not really interested in anything. I’ve only been playing for 3-4 years and don’t know a single person in my normal everyday life that plays. And really not trying to make myself even more identifiable to random people.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever designs they showed with the shop survey, I'm surprised nothing of the aesthetics shown incorporated some materials from Ingress.

Dark shirts. The journey shirt would be awesome if it was darker and not white.

If they're trying to sell older stuff, put the materials that aren't swag packs in the store. A limited amount of repressing would be awesome.

Any art work from the Nemesis sequence that was planned for posters or anything more than dossier cards. Would love to support the art team involved in that sequence.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

There have been soo many posts on Reddit and even here about stuff we want to buy. But for the most part, we either make it ourselves or buy it from someone else who made it.

• From the survey, it really looked like the Niantic Shop team was interested more in building an outdoors lifestyle brand than promoting its games. I'd have bought some of them, but that's mostly because I'm a **** for outdoor gear.

I recall other players saying that official gear has historically been a pain point for Niantic. It's a shame, really, because Ingress relies so heavily on simple-but-recognizable iconography, so it seems like it would be easy to add a few logos/glyphs on some shirts/hats/mugs/face masks and keep them on the store.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Niantic needs to purchase a swag selling company for their next acquisition? Get someone with actual knowledge on how it actually works, so they can sell swag and be profitable with it at the same time. And how to deal with those pesky customs issues that they could never seem to figure out.

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

Honestly, that's not a bad idea you've got there.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, that's kinda how it is now. https://www.brandfuel.com/ handles stuff for Niantic. But it's obvious they need someone to devote a little more time to that relationship. I know it's not easy to get something designed and commit to making X amount of them and hope they sell. But, there are ways to make it work and at least break even. Plenty of places doing pre order type sales, limited runs, collaborations and other promotions.

Again, from the marketing email I got, I feel like dumping money into a duffle bag or **** pack might be a little off target, but I know my tastes aren't for everyone. I think back to the stuff they did with GORUCK and that's a backpack I could get behind. Those sorts of collaborations are cool and extend the reach of both brands...

• I'm surprised they haven't tried selling Ingress: The Animation on dvd

• BeVewyVewyQwietBeVewyVewyQwiet ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Definitely would be more keen to buy ingress or especially faction branded gear than Niantic branded gear although some of the items in the email looked pretty cool

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

How about the NL-1331 badges we were promised to get more of, then the digital packs in the store we were promised?