Nominations causing full game crash

IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

This has happened twice in the last month for me and today I got it on video. I am in a very signal strong area for the area and attempted to submit a Portal 3 separate times. Each time that I would get the the supporting image photo it would crash the game immediately. I fully restarted the game after each attempt. I made sure to have no other apps open and I am taking photos from the scanner app not using preexisting photos. This is the same thing I did on May 18th 2021 as well when I had issues submitting then. I have a galaxy note 20 5g. I'm including a link to the video to hopefully help with this.

https://youtu.be/tL7z19-4SXM

4 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It's your cache. Restart your phone, or just take photos and nominate from your gallery.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

she said it crashes even with using preexisting photos.

• Thanks for reaching out, @Ishira! Please reinstall the app or restart your device and check if that helps. If possible try it on a different device. Let me know it goes.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have a different device but I can definitely try reinstalling and seeing if that works!

• edited June 2021

Can you please try the following:

- attempt to upload the same photographs in another app

- take a screenshot of the photo in question (with no UI showing) and use that instead

I ask because I occasionally encounter a similar issue, and it is an error with my phone's ability to handle photo uploads rather than an issue with Ingress. It would only affect certain photos (seemingly at random) and crash the process with the same photos no matter which app I was using.

By attempting to upload the same photo to another app, we can see if the issue is with just Ingress. By taking a screenshot, you are basically creating an exact copy of the photo, but smaller, which I have found has helped.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

So I reinstalled and it still crashes when I attempt to submit a Portal and take the photo from the scanner. But thankfully now, it is not crashing when using an existing photo so I was finally able to submit a Portal for the first time in awhile. Thank you so much for the help

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Hello, sorry. Did not mean to ignore you. All other apps that allow me to take pictures or video from their app have no issues like this nor do they have issues with me uploading preexisting photos or videos. Ingress is the only app that is crashing like this. Thankfully the reinstall has given me back the ability to upload preexisting photos without crashing so I can submit that way. It's only issue now is that if I try to take a photo from ingress it does the same thing as the video I added to this post. At least I can submit in some way now. Thank you for suggesting these things!