2.27.1 - XM visibility

Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Since a few versions I've noticed increasingly that XM will be 'duplicated'. It looks like several layers of XM have been put on top of each other. Impossible to determine if an agent has been around.

Restarting the game resolves this 'issue' but it's getting increasingly annoying.

iOS 14.6, Ingress 2.27.1.

5 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• You mean 2.72.1?

Share an image or video to see wich is the problem?

• We also just enabled Rainbow XM for LGBTQ+ Pride Month, which will affect XM visibility, but if you've been seeing this for the last few app versions it would be unrelated. Screenshot and device (which iPhone) would be helpful, thank you.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah noticed that :D. The problem here is that the XM is being 'drawn/displayed' multiple times, layered on top of each other.

I'll screenshot/video it next time. I'm running iOS 14.6 on iPhone 12 Pro Max.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

not sure how it looks on Ios but on android i have no issues really.

• AlisizerAlisizer ✭✭
    edited June 2021

App version 2.72.1

Pocophone F1

I can confirm that behavior, for example

As you can see, the XM tank isn't full, but I still have XM in the 40m range

I can guess, that it is a cache issue, because when I switch to droneview and back to the map - the problem solved:

Post edited by Alisizer on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so I was walking around doing my daily hacks, and it happened; so here are three screenshots; one with the issue, one after entering drone view (didn’t solve the issue, just changed the color), and one after restarting the game:

Hope this helps. As Alisizer mentioned, a way to notice it as well, duplicate XM isn’t picked up.

I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, running iOS 14.6 and Ingress 2.72.1.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay so this issue seems to be a bit bigger than just multiple layers of XM; this layer doesn't get updated by other players in realtime anymore.

In Redacted, you could see XM being picked up by other players, letting you know there was someone there and in which direction they are moving. This information is helpful to determine tactics for recharging; you know which portals are likely to get hit next.

Currently XM is only picked up and 'updated' by yourself. To see where other agents picked up XM the game has to be restarted. (Same goes with the duplicate layers of XM, which seems to be an issue occurring more frequently right now.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update on this? This is still an issue; And with the white XM it just got a whole lot more annoying especially when in an area with lots of uncaptured portals :(

• BlasseBlasse ✭✭✭

I can also confirm issue is still there. With rainbow/orange XM it was less annoying, but no we are back to white, soooo multi-layered white sometimes you can't see a key dropped somewhere :(

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is still an issue. Several other problems with XM:

• not updated in real-time when agents other than yourself pick it up
    • sometimes xm disappears completely, only restart will bring it back

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update? Still an ongoing issue.