Servers going full potato

NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Recharging portals keeps locking up. Whats the deal? Happens to everyone at the same time.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

same when deploy resonators, sometimes lag 30 sec if not more and nothing happens its stuck...

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Hope Niantic soon spend lots of money and time to speed up servers. @NianticCasey @NianticBrian

edited May 2021

You mean it is get the sever lag an potato the post are about?

I dont think ping make the bad sever lag and slow sever.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

True, he's not, but he and other mods fill some of that vacuum here and there. I just wonder how many things that might have gotten a response were missed because of being bombarded with notifications from one person.

They must update to speed up the community.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Aaaand there they go locking up again

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Fully agree. It dilutes the message. I have complained many times about this. (Not just aimed at any one Niantic employee).

Posting on Twitter, Reddit or whatever social media platform you happen to use means your player base has to scour multiple locations for news. Some of us are not interested in being part of social media platform X.

Niantic have a forum, use it.

If they have to put stuff on other platforms, it should be carbon copy of what's been posted here first.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

And the Now Tab was borked most of the weekend too. Just portals owned. I captured 200+ portals Sunday morning and my total portals owned only went up by 120 ish. Last night I went to bed with 170 portals owned and woke up with 270 this morning. Magical! Poor servers are soo stressed in various ways that different things fail to work on a consistent basis.

Went to a park this morning, and capped over 100 portals, deployed 1,000 resonators. Had a few lockups where I was unable to deploy resonators, waiting 30 seconds cleared it up twice, had to restart my client more than once while using an Apex due to the client/server communication not working well. Sad thing, is I wasn't even really fielding, and the thing still locked up. meh

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

We've gone from baked to mashed.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasted an apex and two battle beacons this morning due to server issues. Literally just put them both on and then the first phase of the battle beacons started, tried destroying but it took ages for any actions to happen and then it just stopped. Tried to restart and black screen. 15 minutes later manage to get back in, one battle beacon was finished and the other had about 15 seconds left on it. Waste of time and money if the games aren't going to work, as a paying customer (CORE Subscription) Niantic must reimburse those lost items or the equivalent in CMU in instances where its their product stuffing things up.

No wonder people are rating the game lowly and unsubscribing in droves!

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

ah yes, losing more portals to lockups this morning

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

we had 3 maintenance recently, why doesnt the game feel more stable and faster ? its still lag when do certain ingame actions i see no difference.

Its been since that oddball like 2 hours of downtime 1.5 weeks ago. I see lags when hacking multiple portals, trying to deploy on portals. Even with attempting to place in the July contest, I get frustrated and say F it quite a bit more than I used to with all of Prime's "quirks".

Now it's full on server lagg. And it really shouldn't be happening.

Unless agents being more active (warmer weather, more vaxxed people, lessened restrictions, and a contest) is beating the tar outta those poor servers? Even so, the server load increase should be met with an increase of resources.

edited July 2021

Same here every time i play and deploya it lags same with hack and recharge. Hope Niantic can resolve it ever.

Yeah laggy yesterday, can't defend, locks up. Flicking to alerts, get black screen after a few back n forths so can't easily select portals to charge.

Pinging Niantic employees when the servers are lagging seems sensible.

Pinging every message, no.

Niantic employees are also welcome to defend themselves and say "please stop Pinging" or give us a list of who we should ping for which issues.

Meanwhile we get a new avatar that's a direct rip from Bladerunner.

Can we get a new product manager?

Hope @NianticBrian and @NianticThia can help us get cool sound when we click on screen. Same foture the Niantic van have. I love the desig.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Man are the servers garbage today. Seeing over 1000ms response times.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a horrendous time recursing over the weekend and trying to use Battle Beacons to level back up. Ghost links, "NoRetries" errors, couldn't deploy resos, portals that were linkable wouldn't show as such, links wouldn't be thrown or time out, etc. Total mess. Problem stopped after about 30 minutes, but that's more than enough time to waste an Apex and some Battle Beacons.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

ever since they switched to lower cost servers i feel the game is always laggy then before...

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

The low cost servers are very slow and get Ingress Prime very very slow.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Mmm yes recharges stuck for 30 seconds at a time, much fun. Don't try to blame my connection; I'm at home on a completely clear 5GHz channel 2 feet from the AP.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah imagine if someone attacks your portals and u fail badly because of the game lagging so hard as the attacker always has an advantage.

Agree, a lot slower, and poor loads, like this.

First was pic before scanner restart.

edited September 2021

Pink sphere of de4th or better yet pink sphere of notification of time to restart your Prime scanner, the one that doesn't get a sync button, cuz one isn't needed...