I was a RES POC for the Chicago anomaly and Hank was with me all day. AMA

1235»

Comments

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

Two year winniversary. w00000

And since this thread just got linked to again, I'll link from here to The Story of Hank like I should've done long ago: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/7176/abaddon-prime-chicago-the-story-of-hank/p1

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

Except, the Res used this strategy at the Brooklyn Umbra Anomal.....Errr... ENL level 8 portal farm day... But still lost UPH.

TBH, ENL would have won Chicago if they hadn't let up on the portal control game. Watched from recharge room as far too many volatile portals were allowed to flip blue for a while.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

@chibri were you actually "retired" from Ingress for any length of time? Personally, I couldn't imagine putting the scanner down for very long, but I understand the need for a break after all the responsibilities you had.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

Since I recursed after the anomaly, I only have about 11k AP earned.

For 22 months, the only AP gained (1800 maybe?) was for doing a memorial banner the weekend of @EllaMinnowPea 's memorial in Raleigh (AP gained because I had to hack some green portals in the process).

A couple months back for the Kinetic capsule event, I decided to open my scanner and actually capture and build a few portals in a park; I quickly realized I would have to level up a fair bit -- under giant blue fields #PonyRiderProblems -- in order for the event to mean anything... and I didn't feel like leveling.

I don't think I'll ever play with the same fervor I maintained for 6+ years, but I won't rule out an eventual return to casual play.

So, yeah, I'd still call myself retired.

I'm still very much connected with all the friends I've made through Ingress, of course.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

I think the ENL would say that they shifted to focus on media trading rather than that they let up on portal control. I consider media trading to be a low value for high cost (both in effort and risk of distraction), but I also don't have any hard numbers to back that up (since there's no good way for us to know what an entire faction's media score is before/after media trading in the middle of the chaos of an anomaly). However, shifting the media score just a little bit could have been enough. Shifting to media trading wasn't a WRONG decision; it was just a decision amongst many others.

With the way it all played out, there are so many woulda coulda shoulda decisions on both sides that may have changed the result.