[2.72.1] 2 finger pinch zoom is not working and black out.

This seems to be happening only on the iPhone SE 2.

I use 2 finger pinch out/in zoom and screen is black out.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0JT-vPdexhdaU2Ks_B6idUfiA

When I use 1 finger zoom out/in, zoom is working. But, 2 finger pinch out/in is definitely black out.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0YJzQRcRark-nFzonEShvaqXA

I usually use 2 finger pinch zoom. It is very inconvenient. 2 finger pinch zoom is working on my iPhone SE 2 by 2.71.1.

Please confirm this bug.

(iPhone SE 2/ iOS 14.5)

32 votes

Working On A Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

That is an... interesting bug. I don't have an iPhone, so I can't try myself, but I think this may have to do with Ingress being updated to a newer Unity version, which screwed something up with iOS.

Does this happen everywhere (remote, link, attack or drone view), or only on the main map?

EDIT: I also just saw that someone posted what looks like the same bug on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ingress/comments/nko1lm/drone_footage_goes_dark_when_i_try_to_zoom_out/

• @InvestigateXM Yes! I use 2 finger pinch on remote, link, attack and drone view, screen is black out. Once screen is black out, I have to restart app.

• LightseagreenLightseagreen ✭✭✭✭

This seems to be happening only on the iPhone SE 2.

I am informing that 2 finger pinch out / in zoom works fine on the iPhone 7 Plus iOs 14.5.1. 

Could you try setting the phones language to English? Maybe, just maaayybe it's a problem with the language settings, Japanese, in this case.

• iffeliffel ✭✭

My iPhone SE 2/ iOS 14.5 is on English and I have the same issue since the update of the client

• @InvestigateXM https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ITkMc1Ywm1qPfOnaG-Fb5sOg

I changed the language setting of ingress to English and launch, pinched out on the attack screen. It is the same. The screen became black out.

• SirKingIkeSirKingIke ✭✭✭

I can confirm this error happening on the SE2 but not on 6s.

• Can also confirm this bug on iphone SE 2. I’m still on iOS 14.4 though, will update to 14.6 now and check again.

All reports till now mention the SE 2, so that's likely the culprit.

• Can Reproduce with SE2 and iOS 14.4.2

• GEEFIVEGEEFIVE ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I have the same problem on my iPad Pro (12,9", 4th gen.); iOS 14.6.

(No problem on my iPhone Xs Max; iOS 14.6.)

• unfortunately persists after update to iOS 14.6.

and it is not just pinching but also expanding, so probably any 2-finger gesture.

• When you touch it with two fingers, the screen turns black! You can't change the scale.

iPhone 2020 SE iOS 14.6

При касании экрана 2 пальцами, экран становятся чёрным, не возможно изменить масштаб.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14.6, Ingress 2.72.1. No issues at all.

• CarlTheLlamaCarlTheLlama ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I am on an iPhone SE second gen and this just started after I updated, I can play and do things, but the second I put a second finger on the screen and try to rotate or zoom, the screen goes black and the sounds keep playing but there is seemingly nothing I can try to interact with without restarting. This seemed to have just started after I let it update to IOS 14.5. Going to try and update to 14.6 and see if this stops. Running on the English language. On Version 2.72.1

Note 1: Single Finger rotate works. but just touching the screen with 2 fingers causes it to go black, don't even have to attempt to make a gesture.

• на русском языке тоже чёрный екран после жеста. iphone SE 2020 ios13.5.1

• Same issue here. iPhone SE - Zoom out turns everything black in both standard and drone view.

• Upgrading IOS and rebooting the phone did nothing to help.

You can rotate with one finger, but the second you put 2 fingers on the screen it goes black. Sometimes the messages will stay on the screen and the sound keeps playing, but it ultimately becomes unresponsive.

• typh69typh69 ✭✭

I have same issue on my iphone Se2 : black screen after zooming with 2 fingers. I cannot identified if it came from ios 14.6 or ingress 2.72.1 update because i did not use ingress during last week-end.

• WaxineWaxine ✭✭

Same here on iPad Pro 2nd gen. With 14.4.2

I am so used to use 2 fingers and zoom, screen goes black immediately.

My partner has the same issue with ios 14.6, also iPad Pro 2nd gen.

• t134t134 ✭✭

I'm having the same problem. I took a video.

https://twitter.com/t134resistance/status/1398052670200418310?s=21

I put a second finger on the screen and try to rotate or zoom, the screen goes black and the sounds.

iPhoneSE2 ios14.4.2 ingress 2.72.1

• I having same problems.

I put a second finger on the screen and try to rotate or zoom, the screen goes black.

iphone SE 2 gen, iOS 13.6.1, ingress 2.72.1

• I'm also having this problem. One commenter said a one-finger approach is working to zoom in or out. How does one do that? I've been stuck with whatever screen setting comes on when I open Ingress.

(I still much prefer the two-finger method, which has become total habit after so long. It's really annoying to have my screen suddenly go black and have to re-open all over again when I instinctively put two fingers on the screen...)

Yes, it's an I-phone SE.

• I have same problems.

iPhone SE 2, iOS 14,6.

• I have the same problem on iphone se 2 on ios 14.4.2

And many thanks for the one-finger zoom method!

• jene4444kajene4444ka ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Apple users know that older versions app cannot be installed from the App Store. This can be done on a PC using itunes 12.6.3 and fiddler (windows). Then installed the ipa file with 3utools (free app). See instructions here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uasNmwWy4c. I download the old version ingress prime 2.70.1 I do not know when this error will be fixed. It is impossible to play on version 2.70.2

• 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️