User Account is gone

Comments

• Hey there, Agents! Our team is working on a fix for this issue. Meanwhile, if you are still experiencing it, you may reach out to us via In-app support. One of our representatives will look into this for you. Also, if you have already submitted a request via In-app, you should hear from us soon. Thanks for your patience. 

• Hmmmm a little tricky to reach out to in-app support when you can't sign in!

Anyway, checked my gmail to see if I'd had a response from the web support ticket I raised, and I had just received a message confirming the email used to log into my Ingress account, and it appears that you have merged my Ingress to my daughter's Pokemon Go. The email address you provided as my log in was absolutely not my log in email yesterday. However my Ingress email had been her PG log in email before she got her own in 2019. I switched her Pokemon to a new email in 2019. You just undid a 2 year old change but added my Ingress to her Pokemon profile.

I can still access my Ingress through her email - but it seems like you have reverted something in the last day. I don't want to keep accessing my Ingress through someone else email (even if it is my daughter) and what if the email you reverted to had been one that was no longer in use?

Have you been running a script to try and identify duplicate profiles and anyone who has ever changed their email address been caught up in it?

Is it possible to have a 1-1 web chat with someone on how to revert it back (or more appropriately actually be able to merge my own Ingress and PG)?

• @Lemmingby, they may contact us either In-app or through this webform. Please make sure to select the correct option from the drop-down menu and describe the issue in the relevant section.

• @NianticVK in case of EdSh1973 we already reached Niantic Support via the Web Form just to know that his email address used with Ingress is changed to something absolutely unfamiliar (I have mentioned it here: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/141587/#Comment_141587)

Do we have to do anything else or do we just have to sit back and wait for you guys to resolve the problem?

• @mistakeacc To link your email you may use the additional login method from the in-app settings. Please check out this Pokémon GO support article for more insights on how to link and unlink a login method/ email from the app.

Also, about the 1-1 web chat, you can reply with your questions, on the email response you received from our support team. We'll help you out!

• CrownanCrownan ✭✭✭

Most of the people reached out too support but got no help. Even if they find out the email they cannot login.They tried everything possible.

• Maybe I didn't explain properly. The log in email quoted by support used for my Ingress is not my log in! It seems to have been changed by Niantic randomly sometime yesterday to my daughter's. I did not make this change. This is why there was no account found when I'm trying to sign in (with the email I've signed in for the last 5 years) today.

Now if I was to add my FB to the log in it will also add it to her Pokémon account. So I can't delete her email from my ingress without also deleting it from her Pokémon Go account. I would be going round in circles and solving nothing.

I did not change anything on these two accounts yesterday! Although I did 18 months ago! And now I can't put it back because niantic has randomly linked the two profiles overnight and I can't return my Ingress to my email without changing hers because you've randomly linked them!

I guess I'm lucky that I actually recognised the log in email address support provided and it's within my family so I can still sign in for now.

I'll take this to email with support as suggested - hopefully they can look at the log in history and understand the changes that were made by Niantic yesterday and revert them!

• Hello @NianticBrian @NianticVK any update regarding on this unknown bug? Please tell us what is exactly reason why other agents cannot be login thru their Gmail account.

@AerosKnight already raised to your ingress support but unfortunately he got a nonsense and common sense response,

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

@ozvaldini is having problems to log in to ingress as well.

• Please give us an update what's the current status on this issue.

At least one agent can't login at all and the response by the support doesn't help at all. @tenkterra can't login in any way nor helped the account linking though another program.

I can't understand, how you can advise to use the in-app form, as all of them can't login...

As a rough estimated there have been at least 22 accounts affected w/ this problem.

@NianticBrian @NianticCasey Please bring this up to a higher level and reinstate the accounts. Some of them have lost p.e. their sojourner streaks etc.

Thank you!

• MrVerseMrVerse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

At June 1, 2020, I received this email :

"You are receiving this message because we detected a conflict with duplicate Ingress accounts linked to your Niantic account. Please note that linking or unlinking your login methods from any Niantic game will also link or unlink your login methods across all Niantic games.

To resolve this issue, we will work to remove the duplicate, conflicting Ingress account. Please use your most recent successful login method below going forward:

Login method: GOOGLE

Login email: sxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com

If your most recent login method listed above is not connected to your preferred Ingress account or codename, please let us know your alternate Ingress account or codename associated with your Niantic account by Wed, June 3 at 16:00 UTC via this contact form: https://forms.gle/JP4oHFb1iM4j7De27

Thank you,

The Ingress Team "

The problem is, the email I actually use to play and submit is : cxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com

So, via form :

https://forms.gle/JP4oHFb1iM4j7De27

I asked my preferred log in method to cxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com.

But at one point, I cannot log in neither via cxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com, nor sxxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com . When I tried to log in, Both of the email got reset to unknown level 1 account.

Later I found out that I can log in via axxxxxxxxo@gmail.com which I do not intend to use . It cannot access intel map too (notification appeared : "account not found. Create an ingress account via the ingress mobile app"). I also cannot move it from axxxxxxxo@gmail.com to cxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com since my other niantic game account is linked. Luckily I can still access forum so I can post this problem here.

Please fix this. Please make me able to log in via cxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com, not axxxxxxxxxo@gmail.com. 

I also attached evident of portals I nominated / discovered via cxxxxxxxxxxxxs@gmail.com.

such as :

1. Portal Lembaga Adat Melayu Lingga

2. Perpustakaan Umum Kabupaten Lingga

3. Lapangan Sepakbola Sultan Mahmud Riayat Syah

The screenshot of email received and portal picture can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=15mPRLIzTQaunHiyZm3k7Si-Ck8Bn3Hve

I have submitted via in web support with ticket ID : 13390263

Thank you.

@NianticBrian @NianticVK

• @NianticBrian @NianticVK

What is the status on the fix ? There's a new event starting friday 05/21/2021.I wish to play and already lost on advancements on Epoch and Sojourner medals.

Agent ObiTwan71 still has no acces with linked Google and Facebook accounts

• MrVerseMrVerse ✭✭✭

We came here because we have tried in app and webform support but it didn't solve the problem. We appreciate the hardwork of Niantic Teams. We are waiting the improvement of the solution. Thanks

• callewrcallewr ✭✭

@NianticVK Status please. Some of our key players are locked out and it's causing issues with operations.

• Is Niantic really paying enough attention to this issure @NianticBrian @NianticVK ?

I am currently holding CORE membership with Niantic Ingress Prime, but after my attention has been brought to the disturbing unstableness of account management, how miserable the customer support is and how long it takes to repair mistakes that are on Niantic's head, but deeply affect paying customers, I am considering terminating my CORE membership as of next month, depending how Niantic address this issue!

Thank you!

• SternZ1SternZ1 ✭✭

Not sure about keeping my CORE membership either!

• FloppelmordFloppelmord ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I think its a Big Problem for many Players, 22+ known issues but the dark figure maybe Higher.

aren't there enough cases to take action?

All Player speaking about same Problems that Not can solved by themselves.

Give a Status in working process to solve this Log in issue.

And give compensation to affected Accounts to continue sojourner and Epoch

Best regards

P.s. Not affected but a friend of @Tenkterra

• @NianticBrian @NianticVK

Any updates on a fix of this problem for the affected agents?

• heronemosheronemos ✭✭
    edited May 2021

@NianticBrian

On the basis of backup data it should be possible that email accounts can be clearly assigned to the Ingress accounts. The restrictions of the players affected here should not be unnecessarily prolonged. We hope that the affected players will be able to participate in the game again soon. It is already noticeable in some regions when some very active players are no longer playing. The gaming experience and the joy of playing of the remaining players also suffer as a result.

A large number of players would be happy about a prompt solution.

• mistakeaccmistakeacc ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Dear @NianticVK after my reply to this comment yesterday, I took your advice and went back to the support email train on this issue. With your 'we will help you out' promise in my head, I typed my third message to the person emailing me from support, saying the same thing for the third time.

My @Caorunner Ingress log in email was t*************s@gmail.com It was arbitrarily changed on 18th May which meant that when I tried to sign into the account I was getting the 'no account found' message. I explained again that the information he had provided me (he said my log in was j*************h@gmail.com) was not correct and had NOT been changed by me.

I am lucky in that this address belongs to my daughter. I am unlucky in that she plays Pokemon Go and my Ingress account is now linked to her profile with no way for me to unlink or change the log in back without changing her Pokemon sign in.

The reply I have now received is this: We do certainly understand your concern. However, as mentioned in our previous conversation the account"Caorunner" is linked to the email address j*************h@gmail.com . We request you to please use the above-mentioned email address to access your account"Caorunner".

How can I reiterate enough that this is not my email and I did NOT make this change?

Please please @NianticBrian tell support (which is where we are being directed to resolve our issue) of this problem and that this is a bug that needs to be fixed and not something that we who are affected have chosen to do.

I also would like to thank those in this thread that have offered words of support. Losing access to your account is a horrible thing and for support to not fully read or understand what we are trying to tell them is beyond frustrating.

I am also reconsidering why I am a CORE subscriber right now.

[Edit to add - I can't access the forum with my actual Ingress account @Caorunner - mistakeacc is exactly that]

• I just thought of something else, if you can randomly change my Ingress log in to another gmail, can you randomly change @mistakeacc to another gmail too and then maybe I can link my own Ingress to my own Pokemon/HPWU profile and have one log in and one profile (inc Wayfarer!!) for all the games I play (which was what I was trying to achieve when mistakeacc happened!)? You can't tell me now it isn't possible as you've done exactly that with all of us affected!

In fact, the gold star solution for me personally would be to add @Caorunner to c*******r@gmail.com and @mistakeacc to j*************h@gmail.com haha! Then if my daughter ever wants to play ingress in the future she already has one linked!

• mistakeaccmistakeacc ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Post edited by mistakeacc on
  • I understand your concern, Agents! I've flagged this issue to the dedicated team and they are working on a fix. Meanwhile, please continue to report this using the webform. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.