Drone Models

I think it would be cool if there were different drone models that you could earn by achievements, Leveling Up, etc. Each one would have different attributes, no best drone. Like a drone that has a better flying range but it can’t get portal keys from a hack (Yes, I know the current drones don’t get portal keys when hacking). Or one that can get portal keys but has a worsened flying range, etc. There’s a lot that can be done with different drone models and not having a best drone but drones with a pro and a con to make all the drones balanced.

Tagged:

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

And slowly leaving behind those days when you had to go outside to play. I'm not interested in any more spoofer-like tweaks.

I'm OK with current dornes, they get their own game and don't impact the original game.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there could be some cosmetic Drone changes that could be purchased with CMU, and maybe the Drone Mark III that can get keys or whatever can just be for CORE folks.

I am sure some would go for a Toast Drone or Pac-Man Drone.

• @PkmnTrainerJ I’m pretty sure that just purchasing drones with CMU and subscring to CORE would make it so you have to pay to stay or something, I don’t know.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Ingress can be played in many different ways. There's been Seer, Recon, and Recharger which involve a lot of coordination outside of the game. I feel like calling the efforts of the features as "legit spoofing" to be egregious when you had to at least been present to the area to get the drone deployed. For more portal heavy areas, I can see where you can get a drone to move far away from where you're located. The gameplay from drones don't affect the gameplay of people who are on site. Perhaps even less than recharger.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm outside playing right now and have been for 7 of the last 9 hours and still used my drone.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭