Maverick

Don't get me wrong, the new silver medal looks good on my profile. But I've been saying for years that they should have tired medals for links and fields destroyed. They already track this. So it would not be hard to add. Instead we get another hack medal. I mean how many more do we actually need. Of course we have to hack to get gear so it's not very hard to get. Why do we need so many hacking medals? Links and fields would bring out more competition. Would definitely bring people to my area. Instead of waiting for stuff to die, there could be competing. I've made close to 70 new portals to add to the many here. Plus I've added more than 10 missions. All in order to try and get more players. Just my thoughts.

Tagged:

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do we need so many hacking medals?

Agree with this. I prefer a badge for unique portal visited by drone rather than the maverick (hack any). Would be a much greater challenge, just like the Pioneer and Explorer are.

tired medals for links and fields destroyed

Well, all current badges (except destroyer) are based on creation. I imagine that one for destroying links or fields would result in a easy job that could be wintraded or just make people target portals based on ther individual desires rather than team based goals (win the score). Actually a badge based on cycle winned would be more interesting.

• I've been saying this for years!! They count links and fields destroyed. Why not make medals for these. It could go along with the purifier. Since it seems like we can go with hacking. Plus put a little competition. Instead of people building around each other fields. Take them out like the good old days. I just have to sit and wait for my fields to decay before I can do anything.

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭

The regional scoreboard could use a tweek. Add some other aspects to the score instead of just MU for fields.

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

If we were talking about a limited time event I would agree about the 'deny tactic'... but for a here to stay badge/medal? IF they stop building because of that reason they won't be able to play anymore.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more that it takes less time to destroy something than to build.

The AP has always favored playing the defense.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I play in an area that is heavily favored for one faction. That makes some medals much easier to "finish" and others have taken forever just to get to gold. "Too busy" to build anything...

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

"I don't stop destroying to deny my enemy a building badge... why would it be any different for the reverse?"

It's not logical but people have done it.

Enemy MU released should definitely be tracked.

• What about places that only have one faction in it. They have to wait for building to decay in order to start over. Would not fields and links destroyed on tiered medals promote building in these areas?

• TrerroTrerro ✭✭✭

Most badges are centered around putting a certain amount of effort into a certain task. A link/field destroyed badge would be more based on luck of where you live than anything else, as opposed to a drone badge, which is primarily based on remembering to log in multiple times per day.

I live in a city of ~30k people, so not exactly a metro area, but hardly the middle of nowhere. There is currently -one- agent in my city that reliably plays at least once per week - me. I think I've taken down fields within city limits a grand total of once in the last month, and it was a cluster of like... 5 portals and 3 fields. The nearest large city is a full hour's drive away, and while I'm willing to take an occasional drive to take down a major field, I'm not taking daily 2 hour round trips just to get badge points. I think I've had some of my stuff blown up exactly once this month, and based on the narrow carve through my portal path that didn't even try to strike an anchor, it was someone in a car that was passing through just long enough to get to the highway.

That's not to say I'm against such a badge being added... not every badge has to be realistically accessible to every agent. However, everyone can park a drone on a cluster and use it a few times/day. Not everyone has realistic access to regular combat. So it makes sense that badges focus more on things everyone can do, than on things that are metro area-only.

• kittysukittysu ✭✭✭

And once Maverick was added there were hundreds saying that it was the wrong choice for a Drone specific medal.

• You can please some people, 100% of the time, and everyone some of the time. But you can never please all Ingress Agents.

• spiesrspiesr ✭✭

If there is only one faction then no, it will just be a badge they can't get.