Drones returned count : **** down my own drone is counted

It seems **** down my own drone is counted as drone returned count.

I wonder if it should not be counted that case.

Because it causes that the drone retuned count score can be meaningless because very easy to count up by **** down own drone.

Tagged:
1 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• That does seem wrong, especially if it will eventually result in a badge.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe any possible badge will be about a good ratio between the two status?

Like instead of just 100 points, you need 100 points more than the other. This negates the selfcheating, but still allows wintrade, that's why I think the full information should appears in comm ("agentA returned agentB's drone").

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

The way I see it, drones are, at their core, something you do while sitting on your couch. Ingress is about being out there, in the real world, so any medal should eventually play into that.

The one medal we have now, Maverick, rewards resource acquisition (hacking), which is a necessary part of playing Ingress — and it's a little easier to step out into the world if you know you'll have the gear to actually do things. In that same spirit, a medal for sending drones back to their owners might encourage people to get out there in the world.

I'm having trouble seeing what useful objective is satisfied by rewarding you for getting your own drone recalled. It's a stat like in those games that keep track of how many times you've failed or died or whatever: It's fun to know, and maybe there's a cute easter egg if you're exceptionally bad, but it's not a stat you're intentionally aiming for.