Quantum cap removed from inventory

I was adjusting my inventory to stay under 1980 items and suddenly my inventory reported as 1901. Apparently a quantum holding 80 L8 bursters went missing. I just recently began playing again after quitting a bit after prime rolled out and this makes me think maybe coming back is a mistake.

Tagged:
2 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Did you receive items from anyone else recently, or was this an old capsule from before you stopped playing?

Agents,

Purchasing in-game items from unauthorized sellers is a violation of the Ingress Terms of Service. There are currently no authorized third-party sellers of in-game items. Niantic is committed to keeping Ingress and the battle between factions fair. 

We will be sending warnings to anyone who received items that can be traced back to a third-party seller. In the future, we will remove items from the game that were purchased from unauthorized sellers. This means that any items purchased through third-party websites or services will disappear from inventories - even if these items were passed to other players unknowingly. 

We appreciate your cooperation and continued support of Ingress.

This was something Niantic posted on G+ back on March 1st, 2017. As far as I know, this is still the case.

Old Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Ingress/posts/gwSL7AwPZVZ

• ljmartyljmarty ✭✭

It’s definitely old items from when I stopped playing, but I NEVER purchased items. Not then. Not now.

• ljmartyljmarty ✭✭

Pretty sure I need my items back or a reasonable explanation. Thinking about returning was perhaps a bad decision.

• For a time, gear sellers were selling a lot of stuff which got passed around, until Niantic added tracking, so it doesn't have to have been something you personally bought, but someone else might have passed on gear that was bought, or a capsule that got bought, empties, refilled, passed on, emptied, refilled and passed on etc.

The tracking they added meant that it didn't matter how many hands an item got passed through, they still knew where it had been created.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic introduced the Drone, which also helped to prevent shopbots from needing to be a thing.

So I doubt you would get the items back, even if they were legitimately acquired, however with the drone it should be pretty quick to restore your lost items.

It isn't much consolation, i'm sorry.