How to find local players??

Agent131590Agent131590 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in Recruitment

I'm new to the game and was really struggling to find people in my local community even on the comms it was really difficult to find people, I posted in the recruitment area on the forum here and was told to check comms haha. Well luckily I joined a few ingress groups on Facebook and thanks to a fellow agent from a different country I was able to connect with a couple of people. It would be nice to find people that actually live in my neighborhood though....

Post edited by NianticKK on
Tagged:

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Ping comms again, see who reaches out. You might want to try looking at portals in your area, see who currently owns the portal, who had deployed on it. You can also do this on the Intel Map, www.Intel.ingress.com/Intel

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Simplest answer. Be active. If you are hyperactive, you'll make people nervous or glad that you are around. You start filling and fielding your local area, someone will reach out to you.

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

Register to the closest Ingress First Saturday.

Youll probably find people near you, maybe not your neighborhood, but at least same city/state.

Also, recruit with people you know in real life and are already your friends. That way you know for sure that they are from your neighborhood.

Let them choose freely on faction, so not all are on the same team, and you get dynamic play. Just be careful that you don't incur in wintrade when playing with opposing factions.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Hiya @Agent131590

While COMMS can be the best place to find fellow players that maybe lurking around your area so can the Forum Here so make sure you don't bump into the Oppositon...it wasn't long when I started playing In 2019 to find both some Local Leaders & Game Founders in my Area that I started conversing with.

I started with Adjusting my Comm Range From 5Km to 10Km (next Town Over) then a bit further once I started to understand the game more & ADA & Jarvis Stopped Giving Me Jump Scares within the Tutorial while I was Exploring.

I Swore On COMMS No Other Agents would See Me in Real Life...But That Only Gave One Founder a Challenge & He Found Me...Luckily He Was On My Side of the Game & Had Loads of Tips to Share.

One of which was to Stop Making it easy For The Enlightened (GreenieMeanies) to Take Down My LVL1 PORTALS...oh well I liked my Sea Of Blue All over my Map At The Time and I was still learning about ranges and levels (I still put LVL1's Out There For Fun.)

I Then Went 2 Towns Over (20KM) to a family dinner and it was a Sea Of Green on the Map that I tried to take down...and I Attracted the Opposition and got told to "Stop Breaking My Stuff" but alas I slipped up on COMMS And Revealed My Location (Or Did I Do It On Purpose ??🤔) and those Enlightened (GreenieMeanies) Paid My Local Area Random Visits.

So It Helps...By Exploring & Tweaking Your COMM a Little & Earn Those Badges To Level Up.

It Can Get Very Addictive when your mind starts seeing The World just like on the Map & it starts making you think I bet that's a portal 😁 When your not logging in.Especially If Your Device Breaks Then The Detox Is Hard,Just Remember You Can Also Find Pokémon Go Players as well as Harry Potter Wizards Unite Players at some of the same portal locations In Your Local Areas without realising It...so while you may not find Agents your sure to find these Players around to Make Friends With.

Hope This Can Help You.

• Novex99Novex99 ✭✭

I've recently came back to Ingress and I find there is a big community on the app groupMe. Under the ingress section find your area and you should be all set. Let me know how this turns out if you're still looking for a big community.

• wow its been a long time. I'm glad to see that I got some new niche portals in my area I can easily get to. hope to meet up with the ppl that managed to capture a portal in a internet dead zone that I've been trying at every day, hoping to at least get a key to keep it alive

• I do this exactly, and the only one’s that ever reach out are the enemy team, if anyone at all. The locals on my team don’t say anything. I’m generally fighting the war alone, and winning when I do, but it gets old. Right now I’m allowing my area to be taken over because I’m tired of being the one to fix it.

• Player base here is also somewhat limited, living in a small town but with a lot of portals in the direct and not so direct area, but there are 2 level 16 Enlightened players who come and tear up town every now and again. There are also a few active players on the Resistance side who once in a while turn them to blue again, but believe they are working in town, not living here. It's impossible to defend when those 2 enlightened agent come and destroy all the Resistance portals, I learned to just to keep keys and charge when I'm not in portal range while they attack, seems to turn them off from keeping attacking if I'm fast enough. But the speed and the amount of portals they hit is incredible, almost like they only hit with level 8 XMP bursters... I just try and keep some bursters and resonators in my inventory so I can move out a few hours after they finished their attack streak ;).

All and all i really enjoy the game, level 11 currently, mostly by playing in my own town, but have also played while being abroad (France, Spain, Portugal and Italy).

• I just started playing and I wish I had a team. In Pokémon GO, I have 1-3 teams in every turn I’ve lived since 2017 (5 cities in 3 states. One city is near 2 others do I raid with them too).

I made some great, lifelong friends playing Pokémon GO the first 2-3 years. One gave me a job, several helped me move, others have collaborated on creative projects. But I don’t see that happening with Ingress—it’s just too “solo.” And it’s hard to figure out how to play on your own. One Michigan city has a pretty big Ingress group. They all get together monthly IRL, well at least pre-COVID. They okay POKÉMON GO during the day and Ingress at night. Pokémon Go figured out that you need to make the layers need each other’s help. Ingress needs this element too, IMO. Also PoGo evolves and gets more sophisticated constantly. So it stays fun. I’m giving Ingresz a fair chance. But I would need to enjoy the game in a more social way if I’m going to stay with it. Ingress needs to have tournaments etc, to give people a reason to form teams, and an incentive to win.