Comms don't update

After the last update to "fix" comms, they now do not show latest activity, not even in the Alerts tab, only slight workaround is to extend the range out to near max, then come back, and even then it doesn't always work.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ running Android 10. Do not know where to get the app version information.

79 votes

In Progress · Last Updated

Comments

• @a21schizoidman just confirming do you mean on 2.67.1? Do ACTIVITIES or ALERTS tab load if you stay on the tab for a few moments?

• Do not know where to get the app version information.

It's displayed at the bottom of the Settings, as well as when you start up the App.

• Indeed. Also the image of the portals that was interacted earlier sometimes replace to the newest activities.

• 100% true. Its more exhausting than the previous bug

• 2.70.1 thats the version where I experienced the bug he was talking about.

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

The activity panel (top right, just under your agent name in the main view) is doing fine, but trying to see more than the 2 lines displayed by going in COMM doesn't no matter how long you wait. If you increase/decrease the range of comm new messages will get loaded but next activity won't so once you've done that the problem remains, only option I found is restarting the game. Not sure about alerts.

• I had the same bug right after I updated to 2.70.1.

This did not happen with earlier versions.

Changing the COMM distance will update it, but those are one-offs.

Reinstalling the app and restarting the device did not improve the activity, but only the attack notifications.

iOS14.5 Ingress2.70.1

• a21schizoidmana21schizoidman ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Across two versions, same result. Comms lines on the map show current activity. Open the comms themselves and it disappears.

It even does it for Alerts, like an attack or a scout controller, where it will just not show up until the app is restarted.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Today over 1 hour difference between comm activity and highlights in scanner....

And change distance only works once sadly...

• Me pasa lo mismo. Las actividades se informan en la pantalla de juego en el scanner pero al ir al COMM - Actividades y Alertas, no están. Desde ayer ya no las veo

The same thing happens to me. The activities are reported on the game screen

but when I go to COMM - activities and alerts, they are not there. Since yesterday, I don't see the closest thing anymore.

On the screen you can see a big difference between what was reported and what is displayed.

• Hope everyone will see this, additional info about the comms. We know that when we swipe up to view the very earlier activities there's a dead end. But the version 2.69 & 2.70 is not. It loads more earlier activities. Is this a kind of bug or what not? Seems no problem to me. I totally guarantee it only happened on 2.69 & 2.70 coz earlier version before the 2.69 there's a dead end on the very top to view the earlier activities where the bug existed was comms showing earlier activities. (Where you need to use the km slider back to your preferred or tapping alerts back to activities)

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

changing the km slider less or more only works once, so after that if u switch again u cant sadly force newest comm activity doing this, so this needs to get fixed asap clearly not working as intended.

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

++

• LynoocsLynoocs ✭✭✭

it usually recovers when you select a portal from the activity, open the details and return to the comm screen

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

No 2.70.1

Please take look on severs and scanner. Write back when Niantic resolve the bug.

• I tried this one. It actually works most of the time.

• OepsecOepsec ✭✭

The activity and comm either do not update or it shows wrong images along with the portals, which is somewhat confusing. The inscreen activity looks to be updating but the entire activity feed is stuck like 2 hours ago, so you can't really see what is happening around you.

Found on anrdoid v2.70.1 but it was also in the version before that build.

• Blr6474Blr6474 ✭✭

Activity window does not refresh. Even changing distance from 20km to 50km then back to 20km. The last scan the Activity window has taken is locked and does not refresh.

I have to turn off game and restart to get the updated Activity window of what is happening at that time.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes everyday comm lags behind like 1 hour even after change distance slider that only works once.

• Com is very broken lately also activity and attacks views, makes it hard to see what is happening, and also sometimes you don't get the attacks notified

Only work now if we close Ingress Prime and start again. Hope Niantic resolve the bug to next update.

Hope @NianticBrian can resolve the bug to next update of Ingress Prime.

• DizzyBumDizzyBum ✭✭✭

I'm having the same issues. If I change the distance tab, it shows those updates correctly, but then won't update again unless I restart the app. That happens for every distance.

Version 2.70.1

Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

It's sad how broken comms are lately. Worse each update. If you want a chance to see what's going on you open Iitc and hope something has updated so you can see it.

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

I don't think COMM worked for more than a couple of days since Prime has been launched