Drone Hacks Cool down Should be Level based-Shottix

2»

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, onyx badges should be hard. But with a hard limit of 24 hacks I. A single day if you're capable of it, Maverick just seems more like one of the streak badges. Right now the only variable is at the grace of niantic with these drone weekends.

• A P1. Given that under the stuff above you can only hack once per 10 minutes, it's slower than in person, and man... it's level 1 gear. 😁 That would not stop me from going outside to hack the real portals.

I'd probably set the 1hr limit at anything level 5 or higher, and maybe make the 10 minutes up to 20 based on @Shottix calculations, but still. People who are farming won't use P1s, and people who are **** for the badge likely won't be doing it all day every day every 10 minutes.

• saarstahlsaarstahl ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

it's a piece of cake compared to 40k for onxy mind controller, 100k for onyx connector, or 200k for onyx hacker. We have enough easy onyx medals already, like recharger, translator, trekker and epoch.

Post edited by saarstahl on
  • MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Time v. Effort

Everything depends on portal density world you live in.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Set it by the number of glyphs, 20-30 minutes each glyph.

Hacking a level 1 portal would be faster, so if your goal is travel or explore, that will be faster. But if youre gear collecting on higher lv portals, that would be more time consuming, and will be up to the player to choose between more hacks/travel or stronger gear.

I think this work better independently if it is a simple or glyph hack, based just on portal level (and not how you hacked) because I think that 5 simple hacks are better than one glyphed (not sure, but it feels almost even out).

This can result in a faster way of travelling, by using neutrals and low level portal, but the risk of being recalled is buch higher (one far xmp 8 can destroy it, or just one resonator), while choosing a route with stronger portals can be safer, it will be slower.

Post edited by Hydracyan on
  • MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

You live in St Louis with clusters of portals.

I'm barely approaching plat hacker at this point and the cluster of portals are trips.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering, what if:

• Move the drone, add 30min
    • Normal hack, add 30min
    • Glyph hack, add 60 minutes.

Instead of just one hour delay with one hack. Players will be able to choose if they want to move faster or collet more gear.